Wentworthville set to be storms feeder club

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Wenty set for Stormy union
The Storm are set to take a greater foothold into the Sydney market by using Wentworthville as their feeder club from next season. The Storm currently share their non-NRL players with Cronulla in the NSW Cup but it is an uneasy marriage that has both clubs unhappy. Wentworthville, a strong league nursery in Sydney's west, has been aligned to Parramatta for many years but this relationship is also strained. Enter the Storm, who will plough money and playing resources into Wenty to make the club a powerhouse in the NSW Cup.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did u just read that on twitter cause the eels just said that's not happening
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just read that too...I actually really hope it doesn't happen
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Albury Thunder should be in the NSW cup next year. It will suit albury and storm.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bring back Storm's NSW cup team that we had in 2010. We have first grade, twenties, Ball and Matthews. Makes sense.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just a couple of thoughts

1) wouldn't it be very expensive to run a Stand-alone NSWCup side? So a merger type deal similar to Sharks is the go I reckon.

2) how would they go regarding travel between Albury and Melbourne if players get last minute call ups, etc? 4hr bus ride as opposed to a 1hr flight. And a rather costly light aircraft flight if its urgent.
And then if a player's called up for an away game it's be a 6hr bus ride to Sydney or a 4hr bus to Melbourne plus a 2hr flight to Brisbane.

3) I reckon Storm have an uphill battle relocating players to Melbourne, at least some of the fringe players get to be closer to home if they're from Sydney. But Albury is a big move for just about everyone and could be a further hindrance to our recruitment/retention ability.
Not to mention added costs regarding travel and accommodation.

Just my thoughts