Storm backed by Tigerair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:I just watched the cheerleader auditions on the storm website in part 3 one of the girls mentions she is excited as there is a new sponsor...I'm guessing it will be announced at the season launch
She means Tigerair - the new cheerleaders sponsor.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ohhh well I still think it will be announced at the launch
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be pretty disappointed if next Saturday the team is running out with @Storm on their jersey.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just checked the Storm shop and they FINALLY have some more gear up. But it does not have a major sponsor! I'm assuming the club waited this long to release it so that it could be manufactured with the sponsor, so why suddenly release it without finalising the sponsor? It seems a little unprofessional. (Also for some reason none of the retail gear has Tiger Air on it)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The players in the last couple of weeks got a new batch of training gear with different BLK logo placement on the front (currently with player initials opposite the club logo - probably space for a sponsor logo) and a properly printed Tigerair logo on the back (previously it was heat pressed). Why it's taken so long to have Tigerair included I don't know. The media and game day polos the players have been wearing have a space above the club logo for a sponsor.

It looks like BLK did a quick run of home jerseys without any sponsor on the front for some player green screen shoots. They're not on template nor do they have the current collar so they're not likely anything to be worn on-field. I really don't know what's going on.

If there's no sponsor announcement this week, I'd rather see us wear a charity logo than @storm to start the season.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You've got a great eye absentee, I didn't even think to look at the collars but I think you're right they won't be match worn. Why do you reckon Tigerair isn't on any of the fan gear?

I don't want to see @storm on the jerseys either. Wouldn't mind the space just being left blank. That's probably one positive from this sponsorship thing, being able to purchase gear which has uninterrupted designs
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigerair was announced as lower back sponsor for 2014-15 in mid-November. I don't know exactly what kind of process it takes to produce gear for retail - but surely that would have been enough time to include Tigerair on this run of training gear. I was really surprised Tigerair wasn't on the Nines jerseys, too. Not sure what's happened there.

Just once I'd like to go into a season with all sponsors sorted. Hopefully 2015 will be the year for that - the only spot coming up for renewal this year is Programmed.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The added purple to the sleeves and back of the jersey look great IMO.
News on a major sponsor and the coveted front of jersey position is imminent, with an announcement expected in the next week.
So I wonder if that means we'll have our major sponsor on the jersey for round 1 or not. Not a good look if we don't IMO.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... ealed.html
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The season launch is tomorrow night lets hope somthing is said then
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

is one of the new owners involved, or was involved with, sportsbet? maybe we might see them on our jerseys
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

In the next week???
So does that mean we will either go cleanskin or twittered for Round 1. Hope im wrong. Want to see the full jersey at the Crown launch.
Noticed the Bank of Melb have a new campaign at the moment. Just wondering if the rumours will come to fruition.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm facebook page is saying that home and away jerseys available for purchase will not have a sponsor this year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So they didn't get the new sponsor in time for BLK to put it on the jerseys?
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tell me, should I be worried about this??
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think everyone (me included) is getting a bit excited about there not being a major sponsor. Brisbane didn't have one in 1999 and they were coming off thepremiership.

It'll come