Storm backed by Tigerair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanks for the update absentee.
Love to see the Storm have a full set of sponsors (Front Jersey, Back Jersey and Front & back shorts)
Rina
Squall
Squall

was there meant to be a sponsorship announcement today? I've heard nothing and have asked on twitter but no response. Could have sworn I saw it written on the website. Weird. :?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The announcement was postponed for some reason.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Although it was only supposed to be a two-game deal, it looks like Tigerair is permanent now. I guess they've been enjoying the attention they've been getting from having their name on our jersey. Surprised the club hasn't said anything further, though. I wonder if the partnership will continue into 2014?

Also, the BLK website is using a Storm photo for their pro-teams section and in the about section, all KooGa teams (including us and even the Wallabies) are now listed as being BLK teams. The way their site reads, it looks like the KooGa brand is officially done. A shame, I guess - but I do like the BLK logo better.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanks for the update.
Is it safe to say, the KooGa/ BLK supply deal the longest we've had?
I think it has surpassed Reebok and easily the CCC, Fila and Nike contract.

Good to see Tigerair on board
Hopefully they can conjure up a special deal for the travelling Storm supporters in Sept/ Oct :)
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Its now official.

Wednesday 13 November 2013 10:00 AM

"Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club today signed a two-year deal with Tigerair, with the low-cost airline to become the club’s official airline partner.

Storm and Tigerair first partnered for the final rounds of the 2013 season with the deal now increased to include the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

The Tigerair logo will appear on the lower back position of the Storm jersey. The partnership will also deliver a wide range of marketing opportunities designed to bring Tigerair closer to Storm’s fan base."

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... tner/87256
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Two big sponsor announcements this week. Tigerair and Crown again sponsoring Storm for another 2 years.they are great sponsors. Can`t wait for season 2014.
and of course we have renewed our membership for 2014.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On the Crown announcement release it says - " The agreement will see the iconic entertainment brand continue to feature on the team’s apparel, although in a different position to previous years. "

Wonder what that means?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I asked @MelbourneStorm and he said Crown are now our shorts sponsor. We're in negotiations for a new major partner - hopefully it won't take too long. You'd have to think Host Plus and Jayco are possibilities.

I guess we should have seen it coming when Crown signed on as South Sydney's major partner.
Rina
Squall
Squall

oh well, as long as they're still pumping money into our club they can take their ugly blue box and put themselves on our shorts where it cannot be seen

Though the huge space between the bolts on our jersey is going to look ridiculous now.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Be cool if it was a big overseas brand.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's annoying that we went to the effort of modifying the lightning bolts to fit in the Crown logo for only one year.

This is purely speculation but I remember a couple of years ago reading an article which had a quote from the CEO of Bank of Melbourne and he said that becoming a major sponsor of a Melbourne sports club was a 'priority'. Here's your chance, Bank of Melbourne. You won't even need to pick sides and potentially alienate potential customers by going with an AFL club.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:It's annoying that we went to the effort of modifying the lightning bolts to fit in the Crown logo for only one year.

This is purely speculation but I remember a couple of years ago reading an article which had a quote from the CEO of Bank of Melbourne and he said that becoming a major sponsor of a Melbourne sports club was a 'priority'. Here's your chance, Bank of Melbourne. You won't even need to pick sides and potentially alienate potential customers by going with an AFL club.
Plus Bank of Melbourne's main colour is purple.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I did noticed Shell Rimula being flashed on our LED Advertising boards during the season. Wondering if they will step up to become major sponsors?
Or maybe Orica Green Edge with Gerry back on board? I have a feeling with our new owners business acumen they will get a high profile sponsor on board.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Probably not worth it's own thread but the Good Score website has images of our entire 2014 BLK range. The sponsors are out of date (ie. Crown is still on the front and Tigerair is nowhere to be seen) but that's just because things like this are prepared months in advance.

There have been some slight alterations to our home and away jersey. It's back on a raglan-style template so the purple on the sleeves that was cut off last year now runs all the way to the collar. Also, the side panels have changed to fit BLK's new template and the collar is different. Minor changes but I think they greatly improve the design.

The WCC-style training jersey looks a mess, however. Perhaps it'll look better in person.