Storm backed by Tigerair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like the extra purple on the sleeves. Still a whole lot going on on the jersey which I'm not a fan of.

Hopefully our new jersey sponsor doesn't have some crazy logo which will look terrible on the jersey.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw a pic of the training gear on fb and thought it actually looked pretty good!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

steaming stormer wrote:I saw a pic of the training gear on fb and thought it actually looked pretty good!
I think that shirt they were wearing in all their training pics is a bit different to the one that got posted. Given that the one from goodstore is described as a training "jersey" I would think it is the same material as our home and away jerseys unlike the training shirts and singlets (and it is a bit of a different design with the gradients etc). But I agree, the shirt on Instagram did look pretty nice, so did those shorts. I'm liking the Crown logo on the shorts much more than on the jersey. Hopefully we find a major sponsor that doesn't just slap on a big box, but I am pretty doubtful that's going to happen.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:I asked @MelbourneStorm and he said Crown are now our shorts sponsor. We're in negotiations for a new major partner - hopefully it won't take too long. You'd have to think Host Plus and Jayco are possibilities.

I guess we should have seen it coming when Crown signed on as South Sydney's major partner.
I'm waiting for our Nines jersey. I want one of them provided it looks decent.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The club announced today a one-year extension with BLK on top of the existing deal which ends at the end of 2014. Seems strange that they'd only renew for one more year. Perhaps the club wants to get through the current three-year jersey cycle with BLK (which would end in 2015) before moving to a new supplier?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought it was odd too. Really hoping we find a jersey and stick with it for more than 3 years.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:Thought it was odd too. Really hoping we find a jersey and stick with it for more than 3 years.
So do I - but if it were our current jersey, I'd be disappointed by that. We can do so much better.

We need to do what the Warriors do - simple, classy home and away and then crazy and experimental designs each year for training jerseys. Everybody's happy then.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If it's the last season BLK will be our supplier, I do hope we are able to attract a large, well known international supplier. Not a big fan of ISC jersey with those dots or Blades either.

Hopefully the likes of Nike, Adidas, Puma, CCC or even UA would be really good.

I hope the commercial department is able to secure a major sponsor as an early Christmas present too
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If we did have to move away from BLK I would actually like to see us go with ISC. I know they don't have the global recognition of some of those other brands but their jerseys in the NRL are very simple and classy. I get the impression that recognised brands dont see the NRL as being vital to their brand recognition, and dont put in as much effort or are willing to try more 'out there' designs. For example Nike have trotted the Broncos out in some pretty poor jerseys over the last few years and Reebok brought us that weird white lightning bolt away jersey. Canterbury are often hit and miss, producing some sensational jerseys along with some horrendous ones. Personally I would like to see us stay with BLK though. I'm never going to spend $160 on a jersey but the training gear that theyve been producing has been good.

On a side note Kooga/BLK are having their christmas sales, there have been a couple of Storm items already for some very good prices.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Has anyone heard anything about new major sponsor yet? It just seems strange to leave this so late, with Xmas sales opportunities missed etc.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Definitely missed the boat for Christmas sales on a new jersey. You'd think these type of negotiations were well in placed during the season?
Anyway, I did see this on the Stormshop website. Looks promising....

Melbourne Storm is currently in the final stages of negotiations to secure a major partner. In early 2014 the club will be able to launch the updated 2014 NRL season home and away jersey as well as the one-off Auckland 9’s strip.
Sources: Here
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumours circulating that Bank of Melbourne will be our new major sponsor. This makes sense given when they re-launched they said they were keen to get into sports sponsorship. At that time people on here were linking them to the Storm. Westpac own both St George and Bank of Melbourne and St George sponsor the Dragons. Plus Bank of Melbourne's main colour is purple
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is there actually anything to that rumour or is it just based on speculation from this thread?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure Absentee, last time it was on here was in November I think. It has been mentioned on League Unlimited in the last couple of days.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:Not sure Absentee, last time it was on here was in November I think. It has been mentioned on League Unlimited in the last couple of days.
Yes it has, with a lot of people there thinking that Bank of Melbourne will end our run of dreadful sponsorship integration. If it is them, I can't help but think that we will still end up having their logo inside a big box slapped on the front of the jersey. While their colours suit ours very well (so do Crowns...), in all the photos that someone put on League Unlimited it seemed that their image was always the logo shape on the left and the "Bank of Melbourne" text to its right. Even a simple logo like this is not going to fit properly within the lightning bolts without being scaled down to the point that you are squinting to read it (unless they decide to reconfigure their logo just for us). Whoever the sponsor is though I hope it is announced soon, it is frustrating that two weeks into January the only authentic gear available is gym shorts! Considering a lot of clubs have their full range on sale before Christmas this is one area where we are constantly lagging behind.