Storm backed by Tigerair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea having to wait this long for apparel isn't a great look.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to Storm Twitter, announcements on major sponsor and 9s jersey next week.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Whoever the new major sponsor is, I hope it's a reputable brand willing to support us for the long-term.

Hopefully BLK's already hard at work getting the new season gear manufactured for retail.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Whoever the new major sponsor is, I hope it's a reputable brand willing to support us for the long-term.

Hopefully BLK's already hard at work getting the new season gear manufactured for retail.
Don't think you need to worry about reputation. Between Evans and thw consortium of owners they wont be lima lima lima duck around.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't doubt that. I just think a quality major partner reflects well on a club - so hopefully they've found the right sponsor for us. While I don't think they ever officially disclosed the terms of the Crown deal, I believe talk was that it was worth approximately $1m a season. Hopefully this new deal beats that.

2014 will be the first time in a long time that we go into a season with a sponsor in every position. Well done to the new ownership group.

And for those of you playing at home, Programmed is next to expire at the end of 2014.

edit: Actually, a correction. We don't have a sponsor in every position - unlike some other clubs, we haven't got a below collar sponsor (other than BLK). Not really a fan of that spot but it may only be a matter of time.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Nines jersey will be shown on Wednesday with the regular home and away jerseys being shown 'prior to the trials'. Supposedly something about the Nines jersey is a 'world first' - curious to find out what that means.

Hopefully - unless the Nines jersey has a charity or one-off sponsor - we'll know our new major partner on Wednesday, too.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do Suzuki have a new model car coming out?

if there's no major sponsor for the nines I anticipate a billboard jersey like the Dark Knight and Man of Steel jerseys promoting said car.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a joke. Having to wait until the trials for the 2014 jersey to be released is ridiculous.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Do Suzuki have a new model car coming out?

if there's no major sponsor for the nines I anticipate a billboard jersey like the Dark Knight and Man of Steel jerseys promoting said car.
I suppose that's possible but @MelbourneStorm said last week in response to a question about the Nines jersey and new major partner that there'd be big news about both next week. Unless there's been a miscommunication or a misunderstanding, whatever's on the front of the Nines jersey surely won't be a one-off.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just thinking if the BOM isn't our major sponsor for 2014, the other organisations I can think of who could be our major sponsors:
1) Shell Rimula. Noticed their names flashed on the LED Signage last season
2) Etihad Airways. This is a real long shot but as previously mentioned, with the consortium's connection to Harlequins, they could sway this mega organisation to be on the Storm jersey
3) Green Edge Orica, simply with the GR Connection
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Spotted this brief clip of our 2014 jersey in BLK's behind the scenes video for a photo shoot: http://imgur.com/o54wXgB

Obviously it's the same basic design as our 2013 jersey - only on a different template. White piping on the collar and purple front of collar (navy last year), the sleeve design continues to the collar, a wider side panel (part of the template), white contrast stitching on the purple under-sleeve panel, the Suzuki logo is higher, sublimated NRL, club and BLK logos (player issue only, I'd assume) and darker navy, brighter purple (although that might be the lighting for the photo shoot). No shot of the back but I'd expect part of the design to be cut out for the Tigerair logo (like on the away jersey).

Just over two weeks until round one - hopefully the new sponsor is sorted very soon.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A week out from round one and still no major sponsor. What's doing?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe this new CEO Mr. Evans is not a good at these things as Ron was!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm afraid that dreadful Twitter thing will be on our jersey as we run out onto Brookvale Oval :(

Of course I will gladly retract if the Storm pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Season launch is scheduled this Thursday right?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just watched the cheerleader auditions on the storm website in part 3 one of the girls mentions she is excited as there is a new sponsor...I'm guessing it will be announced at the season launch