Storm backed by Tigerair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We're going to have one as stated by the Storm themselves so I'm not concerned by that. Just a little disappoint it has taken so long to get one and the jerseys the fans want to but wont have the major sponsor on it.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote:The season launch is tomorrow night lets hope somthing is said then
Channel 9 just did a cross to the launch and interviewed Cooper.
Very little in advertising our (existing & potential) sponsors so the waiting game continues.....
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crown Resorts has been "upgraded" to our front of jersey sponsor. Funny given they have same sponsorship at South Sydney "Storm".
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

So after all that... it's Crown again.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... rship.html

Really?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So why such a delay announcing it then ? And Souths are sponsored by them too.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So the club missed out on months of merchandising for literally nothing..? And whats the bet instead of just saying "Crown" like last year, the big blue box will also have "Resorts" in it too.

Edit: yep just saw Souths have "Crown Resorts" placed in an ugly box. Can't see us being any different
Last edited by brisbanestorm on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So after all that speculation of a potentially new sponsor, we get Crown again...well sort of.
Anyways, the term anti-climactic could best describe this situation. I'm glad we got it sorted eventually but my goodness why all the secrecy?
Finally here is an exclusive look at the 2014 Storm Jersey
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

brisbanestorm wrote:So the club missed out on months of merchandising for literally nothing..? And whats the bet instead of just saying "Crown" like last year, the big blue box will also have "Resorts" in it too.
This.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rina
Squall
Squall

if we're getting the ugly black box instead of our usual ugly navy blue box I'm not pleased, especially since we shifted these lightening bolts to accommodate the logo to have it all blend in.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Looking at the Bunnies jersey, the Crown Resorts logo is black with gold lettering as opposed to Crown blue box with white lettering. Still i have A feeling that we will have the boxy block logo on our jersey. Anyways good to have the Crown Resorts on board.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshly heat-pressed onto the away jersey.

This sudden Crown upgrade two days before the first game of the season just seems like a last resort thing. A bit disappointing but I suppose it's a good result for a stop-gap solution. I know Crown Resorts refers to the group as a whole but it would have been nice to keep it just Crown Melbourne with the navy and white.

Hopefully on-field it'll look like more of a metallic gold colour.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geeze that looks terrible, heat pressed and a big black box.

I thought it was a last resort thing too. Whomever the new owners were speaking to about it must have pulled out at the last minute and its taken this long to renegotiate with Crown.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:This sudden Crown upgrade two days before the first game of the season just seems like a last resort thing.
It definitely does feel like that. Hopefully the delay was purely incidental and not reflective of a struggle to attract the $$$ the Storm brand is worthy of.

Glad it is sorted ahead of Round 1.
Rina
Squall
Squall

Does this mean that Melbourne Crown will be on our shorts still? That's a lot of Crown.