R17 - Melbourne vs Brisbane Fri 5/07 7:35pm @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

First Storm game I have had to miss in a long time but finally got to sit down and watch it tonight. Great game boys! And much, MUCH better than the crap we dished up last week.

How about Bromwich's try!!!??? Are you f*cking kidding me!? He had some serious pace and that great footwork burned the Broncos fullback. Completely loved that try.

Waqa's try saving effort was equally amazing. When Hodges caught the intercept I thought it was all over but Waqa came from NOWHERE to shut it down. Unbelievable. So glad to have this bloke in our team. Anyone have any news on his injury?

Bromwich and Waqa were outstanding. Smith wasn't far behind them. Tohu and Hoffy put in their typical workhorse performances. And I was really glad to see Vave back out there who put in a big effort.

The Broncos were unlucky on a few ocassions, not so much with the calls as I think the refs got most of them pretty much spot on but just with their opportunities not paying off.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

maranta stuffed a couple of opportunities for them, my 5 year old cousin could've caught that one in the 2nd half!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

loved the headline "Souths storm over the warriors" even they know souths want to be STORM. :lol: :lol: :lol:
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

No charges for waqa and Norrie
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good. Wish they'd stop calling them cannonball tackles.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:Good. Wish they'd stop calling them cannonball tackles.
YES !! Quite odd how the media goes into a frenzy over a couple of tackles by Storm players at this time of the season ::)
And to think the tackle was instigated by a Kiwi & named by an English ref :twisted:

By Nathan Ryan
18 October 2011 12:40PM EST

On Tuesday the international match review committee hit New Zealand forward Russell Packer with a one-game suspension for striking the face of Darren Lockyer however Luke’s tackle apparently went unnoticed.

Kiwi hooker Luke performed what English referee Phil Bentham described as a ''cannonball'' tackle at the legs of Kangaroos forward Thaiday.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Same thing happened to Nathan Peats from Souths earlier in the year, he actually got a week for it too. BS ruling.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:And to think the tackle was instigated by a Kiwi & named by an English ref :twisted:
Sorry mate, disagree. As everyone knows, ALL illegal tackles were invented by and only ever used by Melbourne Storm players. Even when they don't actually do it, such as this case. It's a fact... A Daily Telegraph proven fact.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't forget fact-checked by Fox.