R17 - Melbourne vs Brisbane Fri 5/07 7:35pm @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NevilleB wrote:Any late changes?
team list gets handed in a hour b4 kick off
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

no changes were 1 to 17
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't need Slade on the bench when Cam is playing. Would have preferred 4 big boys.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great win tonight, loved the effort all the boys gave. How good is Sisa playing atm ? MoTM effort.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the commentators were SHOCKING tonight.They never gave STORM any credit till the last couple of minutes of the game.Our defence were awesome tonight.Billy held up the ball but the commentators were saying it was a definite try,just because you want it to be doesn`t mean it is.The ref had said it was no try and I totally agree.
GREAT EFFORT FROM SISA.You have made S.W.A.S very proud.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thought Norrie had his best game this year, especially in his first stint. And having Smith back looked like it made a world of difference too. I'm surprised though when Lockyer was interviewing Waqa for his MoTM, he said that was his first one. I find that hard to believe? Not sure if you can put keeping the Broncos scoreless down to our great defence or Maranta being a laughably poor winger
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

waqa and blair have been our best over the last couple of weeks, they have really stepped up in this origin period.. i think we need to extands blairs contract, at the start of the year he was the first on my hit list to cut at the end of the year but his really proven me wrong.. since he was dropped for discipline reasons early last year i think it was, his really back to his best, its like he was never outta of 1st grade..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Finch was ok too tonight, had some wtf moments but his passes were more crisp and the defence was much improved.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Always said that Blair plays best in the centres even up to his incident in the Gold Coast the other year
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought it was really awesome gesture of the club to bring the parents of the players to the game tonight.I thought the players made their families PROUD. My CHAMPION TEAM NEVER looked like losing tonight.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa was sensational. How good was his chase from one side of the field to the other to save a try and then his catch of a bomb not long after that. He went off favouring his ribs did Locky ask about that? Or did commentators say anything about it?

Blair is a very good centre. I hope Craig doesn't move him to the halves next week.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

commentators were terrible!!! storms defense was brilliant and all they could talk about was broncos. even our attack was effortless and got 32 points and only heard how good broncos played. were they watching an old replay or the game infront of them?

waqa was brilliant, and big j.brom making me $500 richer for his first try
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:Sisa was sensational. How good was his chase from one side of the field to the other to save a try and then his catch of a bomb not long after that. He went off favouring his ribs did Locky ask about that? Or did commentators say anything about it?

Blair is a very good centre. I hope Craig doesn't move him to the halves next week.
yeah 1 would hope the halves would be finch/hampton and waqa/o'neill/mann fullback if waqa/o'neill then fonua to wing imo but i think mann should get a crack
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Strong performance tonight by the troops. Right from the kick-off we looked a completely different team from last week, Smith's return was a huge factor in that. Can't fault anyone in the 17 tonight, everyone was very good.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yeah the commentators have no idea.. storm have a big bench mclean harris vave griffin all well over 100kgs.. wtf, if griffin is well over 100 kgs i'm a f##king penguin!!!