Rd 14 vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Full on! Can't wait...today is going so slow for some reason :/
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finch in for Cronk. Bellamy on the footy show is my source.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't get to see fta tv - what was the reason, just a rest for cooper & game time for finch? Or is cooper not 100%?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nothing serious just a few little niggles. Mainly rest. Looks like Moors drops out for Garbutt. Can't wait to see Mitch play this arvo.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good stuff. Cronk out is a loss but couldn't be happier with his replacement. And congrats to big Garbutt, fingers crossed he has a huge game.

Feeling good about the line up. Better than I would if Finch was on the bench.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

good luck to Finchy on his first game for us this season. =D> =D> =D> =D>
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good solid win. Missed Cronk's direction but I thought Finch improved as the game wore on. Captain was brilliant, when he gets room to run out of dummy half he and we become so dangerous. Hoffman was great again as was everybody.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just love Finchy's enthusiasm, I choked up when he said he couldn't wait to get back to the rooms to sing the club song
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Was nice seeing the boys fight back from a halftime deficit. Knights were more enthusiastic than us (which was expected as they had lost 3 straight coming into the game) but we managed to stay calm and patient which enabled us to come away with the victory. Finch definitely got better as the game went on, although I thought his kicking game lacked a bit of power.

The standouts for me today were - Waqa, Bobby, Smith (his best game of the year by far), Hoffman (his offload to put Slater over was sublime) and Hinchy.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great win and a good game of footy. Our defence needed to be on and for the most part, it was. Bobby Blair, outstanding on the edge once again. Waqa was very good also.

The Knights were more hungry early on. Garbutt have his all in his time on debut.

Well done boys. Had to fight hard for that one.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Had a lengthy post of thoughts...then the browser crashed :/

A big point was finchys kicking game, I thought it was great...there was just a large portion in the middle where he wasn't getting the ball on the last play (by design or positioning? I don't know) when he did kick, it was always threatening, or right where it needed to go (with one exception early on in our own half)

Another point was billy, the guy is a trooper, on top of being awesome - every time he took a knock I cringed and thought he'd be done..then every time he hit back with something (i literally blinked when hoffy passed him the ball for the try - I saw the play happening, and to me it looked like hoffy was about to be wrapped up, no chance of passing...the next thing I see is billy with a huge step and a try!)

Gaz was great again, hoffy, cam, SISA! All had top games - the knights came to play, and the boys stepped up, great win.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Had a lengthy post of thoughts...then the browser crashed :/

A big point was finchys kicking game, I thought it was great...there was just a large portion in the middle where he wasn't getting the ball on the last play (by design or positioning? I don't know) when he did kick, it was always threatening, or right where it needed to go (with one exception early on in our own half)

Another point was billy, the guy is a trooper, on top of being awesome - every time he took a knock I cringed and thought he'd be done..then every time he hit back with something (i literally blinked when hoffy passed him the ball for the try - I saw the play happening, and to me it looked like hoffy was about to be wrapped up, no chance of passing...the next thing I see is billy with a huge step and a try!)

Gaz was great again, hoffy, cam, SISA! All had top games - the knights came to play, and the boys stepped up, great win.
So totally agree. :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: I never thought we were going to lose.(honestly)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:good luck to Finchy on his first game for us this season. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Actually his 2nd, he played 3 mins vs Canberra in Rd 8
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anybody, what was the crowd please, couldn't be there for this one unfortunately. Terrible waste of a perfectly good membership!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Think it was 12,800
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields