Rd 12 Storm v Sharks, Sun 9th June 6.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow we're unchanged.

There's a first for everything.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does feel good to go into a game looking well balanced. I think this might have been the best we've looked all season.

Widdop actually did something..huzzah.

Very proud of our boys tonight.
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Great win from the boys.
Keep the team we have, all of our forwards were good tonight.
I like the look of Jordan and moors
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

How nice was it to be involved in a game which didn't have our finger nails screaming in terror - it had been awhile.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our boys are back.They looked excited to be playing tonight.It must have been hard for the team to be up every week and being targets for every other team in the nrl.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's taken us a half a season to get there but that was by far the most complete and dominant performance we've put in all season. Very pleasing to see given the boys were backing up and lets hope we can follow it up with another against the Noughts next week.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Great result and I was happy with everyone . Very impressed with Blair at centre, billy was flying through looking for offloads alot . A great team effort !
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Impressive performance.
Widdop looked like he'd had the benefit of training with the team but without Cronk, geez he looked good tonight, it all seemed cohesive. Bobby was fantastic in the centres but looked out of place as a half when Cronk came off but how well (and easily) did Smithy look when he took over? (I've been a fan of Bobby in the halves forever but may have to start re-thinking that idea. He needs a bigger shirt too!)
Ryles' runs were hard and direct, Jordan looks very likely as well. Can somebody ask Jesse to stop the shimmy before the line, surely he'd be very much more effective hitting the line at speed. The first person who buys Cooper Cronks dummy will be looking very foolish....... :o
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea Blair in the centres is perfect atm because he does his job, nothing more nothing less. Moving him into the halves would be a huge mistake and I hope Bellamy has learnt from his mistakes.

Gee whiz tonight was fun.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Obviously our best defensive effort all year. Not sure having Gallen would have helped the Flounder.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very pleasing win, if there was any blight on the game i would say it was Will Chambers, he was really struggling, falling off tackles, certainly didnt look 100%, injured maybe? Anyway great effort lads, play like that against the knights we will win comfortably again!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now THAT is the performance I have been waiting for all year! Completely dominant first half and as close to a full 80 minutes we have strung together in 2013.

Blair was outstanding. His defence at centre is something we were all dreaming of a few weeks ago and he saved Widdop on a number of occasions. Coops, Cam and Widdop were all great and created opportunities at will off the back of a solid forward platform. Hoffy was huge with 182m. Bromwich and Tohu were strong also... I just realised that I have gone through half the team. Fantastic TEAM performance.

85% completions is much more Melbourne Storm.

We did struggle to contain Fifita all night though.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:
We did struggle to contain Fifita all night though.
Luckily for us Fifita seemed to zig zag around himself a lot and reduce his effectiveness.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the sharks fan sitting in front of me spent the whole night screaming at fifita for going sideways instead of forwards
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For a game where we had so much more ball and the Sharks made almost 100 more tackles than us, we had more missed tackles. 7 from Chambers and 6 from Widdop alone.

As soon as the Sharks started to throw the ball around and create some second phase play, we started dropping off tackles.