Cameron Smith

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They've struggled since Bennett decided to leave. Not only did they lose the best coach in the NRL to attract players but Bennett took some of the Broncos scouts with him. It really is no wonder how far that club has fallen.

Worries me a little. Hopefully the club can put forward a right rebuilding process for when Bellamy and the big 3 retire.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Worries me a little. Hopefully the club can put forward a right rebuilding process for when Bellamy and the big 3 retire.
How is cloning technology coming along? Any advancements in recent years?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If only....
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm not only were they 80% of the QLD team. They were also 80% of the Australia team and they were under the salary cap.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

or so they say...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

whats the rule on clubs talking to contracted players? isnt it too early for the broncos to be talking to cam?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think they can leagally start talking to him in November.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They can "formally" approach him in November. How they define and enforce that I would like to know.

Other than meaning, you can't place a written contract under his nose, I don't know if it means that much.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I find it odd how the media keep reporting he wants to return home. He's been in Melbourne for 12ish years, how is that still motivation ?
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:I find it odd how the media keep reporting he wants to return home. He's been in Melbourne for 12ish years, how is that still motivation ?
they want him to move, then they think the storm will crash to the bottom of the ladder, which they will all love.
Rina
Squall
Squall

It's more interesting to say that a player wants to leave a club than to say he'd rather stay, especially high profile players like our Cam. They gain more attention.
storm77
Squall
Squall

This league is a lima lima lima duck joke. He is on contract until the end of NEXT SEASON and with still over two more months to go it is all about where CS is going to finish his career.
Absurd.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For what it's worth, I think Cam will stay.

The return home line however seems to come from Cam when he refers to his extended family and support network for Barb and the little ones, particularly with the amount of time he spends away from home during a season