Rd 11 Storm vs Roosters sat 25/5 7.30

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck I hate everything to do with the Roosters.
Dubstep before a game, making the crowd sing Roosters songs... It's just lame.

What did they say about Maloney's strike at the scrum on TV? I've never seen that happen before. You can't get away with that, surely.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The commentators were saying it was Moors fault! Total BS, He has every right to strike for the ball and Maloney is a filthy dog for kicking out over nothing, penalty should've been blown!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone else think that Cronk getting put on report was a joke ? Like you saw the refs look at each other and it's like they thought " yes we must create something out of this, an origin player on report in origin week" probably not much in it but it honestly felt like they did it just to create attention.

Maloney should be put on report for kicking at the scrum. Total joke how nothing came of that.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:I had to hit mute to shut out the obvious barracking against us by the commentators!!!!!!
Greg Alexander gets me so fired up. Farking knob head.

"Cronk should be coted for that tackle". Get stuffed you biased twat.

EVERY line call, he was barracking to go against the Storm. Slater's knock back he was adamant was a knock on. Numerous flat passes. But the Roosters do something (crusher tackle) and it was ok!?? The high shot on Ryles!?? He could not be more obvious.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote:What did they say about Maloney's strike at the scrum on TV? I've never seen that happen before. You can't get away with that, surely.
The laughed about it... Then defended it and put the blame on Moors.

No joke.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Happy happy happy happy happy I have been waiting two yrs to see Jordan debut and tonight was perfect....hers to the next few yrs of seeing macca run around
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slater puts a leg up in a natural marking action and they're veting for a month on the sidelines. Maloney deliberately and maliciously kicks Moors out of sheer frustration and everyone thinks its a joke. I wonder what will be spoken of it for the rest of the weekend?
I'm sure if he deserves to miss origin, but he should definately be answerable for it. Load his points up for his next brain fart.
Guess what all the kids are gunna be doing now?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Roosters coach Trent Robinson said he felt referees Shayne Hayne and Ashley Klein had an off night but didn't blame the loss on that.

"I thought there were some hard calls but they didn't cost us the game," he said.

"Melbourne taught us a lesson tonight."
Looks like 'Toovey speak' has set the agenda for ever coach we beat ::)

But the truth will out

Maloney & Co ? Dirty little cheats who resort to cheap shots under pressure.
Kick in the scrum - Player who punches a Stormer in the tackle near the touch line,(in front of the blind mouse) - Player who grabbed the ball with his feet as K Proc was about to play it after a tackle.

YES ! The officials did have an 'off night' but unlike your team Robinson...........................
Storm didn't retaliate - They Just Played to their Game - THAT was the lesson they taught you 8)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Facebook talk is hilarious. Cronk "in doubt" for Origin and DCE will be handed his first Maroons jumper. Bitch please. No carry over points to start offwith. No hand between the legs and Proctor's involvement all make me think it won't even see the match review committee. I hope at best that Guerra is hauled before the judiciary for his inside out crusher tackle on Ryles. Disgusting. And Maloney kicking Moors should warrant a contrary conduct or striking charge. Even if no time on the sidelines he deserves carryover points.

I'm a bit mixed about last night as I tipped the Roosters but what a fantastic performance by our lads. I fell asleep during Panthers vs. Dragons and woke up just as O'Neill scored his try. Couldnt believe what I was seeing. Waqa is just improving every game and Blair was solid. Still getting a bit toey when Widdop gets the ball but good to see him hit some form. Our backline needs to stay like that. Fonua hasn't done enough to convince me he's a permanent fixture.

And finally, lima lima lima duck the Roosters fans. The most bandwagoning, least knowledgeable fans in rugby league. Not as feral as Souffs fans but know less about the rules than they do. Their supporter base is a joke. Only watch the Roosters when they play well... Or when the Swans or Waratahs are not playing.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Great game. Great team effort!!

Initially I thought we were lucky with the slater drop ball, but seeing the replay at halftime it definately went backwards. We were still lucky because we rarely get those calls favoring us.

I don't like this new rule whereby the ref makes a call before the video ref views the footage. Ridiculous I say. McClean's try would've been awarded benefit of the doubt last year. This year it's a 50/50 depending on what the ref thought in a split second of time. Unfortunately the footage was not definitive enough to overturn the call, but it certainly looked likely. And in the past the benefit always went to the attacking side.

Blair/O'Neil & Chambers/Waqa combos looked very solid. Barring injury that's our outside backline.

Widdop really stood out tonight. I don't think he was any worse than usual, just that the rest of the team were very good and he's still learning.
BRING BACK FINCH!!!!

I think I might get a black t-shirt made with "BRING BACK THE FINCH" written on it
Do what the Cronulla fans did "Finch or we riot!"
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Depending on who plays Origin I think Finch will be back soon and will have the (c) next to his name.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahaha! The outcry at league unlimited is laugh inducing.

All manner of threads claiming Smith Slater and Cronk are a protected species. Some Muppet is also claiming match fixing.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We just outclassed the Poosters all over the park last night. Good solid win heading into the origin period.
LESStar58 wrote:Hahaha! The outcry at league unlimited is laugh inducing.

All manner of threads claiming Smith Slater and Cronk are a protected species. Some Muppet is also claiming match fixing.
Yea, just gone through some of them. Bunch of merkins that place. Not sure why Storm fans even bother lol. I'm fine with people hating us, but people making up s**t to warrant the hate is laughable.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have been a big supporter of Fonua, but, after last night, I think we have found our backline and unfortunately, he's not in it.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

For those who want Widdop gone, I didn't think Bellamy would do anything with the rep season upon us we need Widdop to be playing and playing confidently, so I didn't think it would be dropped. At the end of the origin period I suspect there will be a different plan going into the back end of the season in regard to who will help the most with the push for the finals.

The backline was our strongest for some time and it wont do Fonau any harm to spend a bit of time in NSW/Qld cup. He is still a young player and needs to be kept hungry.

I don't like to bag the refs and believe in playing to the whistle, but I do think that we had the bounce going for us. A lot of little things went our way and I imagine if that was Storm playing at home, the crowd would have blown up just as much (at least those around me).

Once we scored the first try I felt we were back on track, but I still held my breath until the last whistle.

A great win, and very timely.