R10 - Melbourne vs Manly Mon 20/05 7:00pm @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How good is that Checcin bloke for melbourne?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cherry_Poppins wrote:How good is that Checcin bloke for melbourne?
Penalty count is 9-4 your way and your blokes haven't been on side all night.
Yep, Checcin is on *our* side
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:How good is that Checcin bloke for melbourne?
Penalty count is 9-4 your way and your blokes haven't been on side all night.
Yep, Checcin is on *our* side
LOL your kiddin right? Hiku's first 2 "knock ons" were a complete joke ,atleast the third one was a knock on

And then Checcin gives us 2 points back,he shouldnt be reffereeing 5th grade let alone 1st grade,i think he's to
busy perving to officiate properly,he is easily the worst official in the game
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks Hayne,that helps a lot
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good game,that was pretty good now i dont need to do any cardio this week
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Smith takes the optional 20m restart, we get the scrum feed 30m out... Hayne calls time off, a second later the siren goes off and Hayne decides to call time.

Now referees can make mistakes, horribly obvious ones. But THAT shows complete bias. F*cking ridiculous thing to do and no doubt will get no coverage.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol: Only a Manly fan would ever dream of complaining about the refereeing in that game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote::lol: Only a Manly fan would ever dream of complaining about the refereeing in that game.
In a Storm forum too :lol:
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great game!! Our first half was woeful and we are very lucky to get away with the draw.
But I must say the refereeing was attricious once again. Why are opposition tacklers allowed to sit on us all night without even a hint of conceding a penalty? And Checcin was well positioned to see that George Rose lost that ball cold, which gifted them 2pts and could've easily have been the game. I'd like to review some angles on Slaters no try/held up decision too. Looked pretty close I reckon. And Hayne calling time before the siren. Anything could've happened with one play from a scrum win, isn't that what golden point's all about?
Aside from the first 20 minutes, we looked a lot better than we have done in recent weeks. Blair was a great addition. Our forwards were fantastic. Widdop's been practicing his kicking game, he was much better tonight. Coops still is far off his best. Earlier this season nearly every kick resulted in either a try or drop out.
Considering Manly shouldve belted us in that 1st half, and they had 2 refs on their side, I'll take the draw. It's better than a loss.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly to get points out of that is incredible. Kudos to Manly's defence, that was amazing.

Composure and patience have been thrown out the window for us this year and I want it back.

Refereeing decisions both ways were comical really.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ceccin deserves to be pelted with eggs and tomatoes in the town square for that "strip" penalty.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

90 compelling minutes of football. The boys threw everything at Manly but they defended like their lives depended on it. I'll take the one point as Manly are a tough side to beat. Maurice Blair, Ryles, Waqa, Bromwich and Hoffman stood out for me.

If Cooper Cronk had played half decent we would've won comfortably. Tonight was his worst game for some time.
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

yourhero wrote:So Smith takes the optional 20m restart, we get the scrum feed 30m out... Hayne calls time off, a second later the siren goes off and Hayne decides to call time.

Now referees can make mistakes, horribly obvious ones. But THAT shows complete bias. F*cking ridiculous thing to do and no doubt will get no coverage.
I was just there and i can tell you there was 4 seconds left on the screen and he let it go down to 2 seconds and then he calls time off and the siren goes and he said yeah that's it, bull**** we would of had one play to kick it 30 meters out.
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

LESStar58 wrote:Ceccin deserves to be pelted with eggs and tomatoes in the town square for that "strip" penalty.
Yeah 'sugatitts' rose lost it cold.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1.slater
2.waqa
3.chambers
4.blair
5.o'neill

mahe a little too error prone this early in his career, although his carries are awesome out of our own end. We need O'Neill's height and speed on the wing. Would also like to see Slaters held up. Looked like he got it down watching on HD