R10 - Melbourne vs Manly Mon 20/05 7:00pm @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fonua needs time in Jim beam cup. Widdop needs to get the arse.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea Blair was solid in the centres again. Doesn't have to do much there but run the ball. Send Mahe back to work on his game.

Widdop improved a bit tonight I thought.
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

How about Widdops performance tonight, did anyone else see that run that he did and drew the players in and had Fonua open and he decided to go for it himself, we would of won if he passed it. For a fact he has done this numerous times this year.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Maurice Blair, Jason Ryles, Jesse Bromwich and Hoffman stood out for me.
Bromwich and Hoffman were easily our best forwards. Ryles and Norrie had ok moments but really were lacking overall. They ran like girls on a number of occasions. Towards the end, we lost an opportunity to win when Manly had a goal line drop out and Ryles dropped it. He dropped it because he carried it back like a b*tch then got carried backwards by 3 Manly players. They really need to fire up.

Maurice Blair was outstanding. Even before he scored that brilliant try. His defence was excellent and strong. All night. Was great to see Slater taking a few kick returns too.

I know Blair is only filling in but him taking the other centre spot with O'Neill shifted to the wing, would not be such a bad mistake. Fonua was again caught out in the air... O'Neill would not offer 1/10 of what Fonua does out of dummy half coming out of our own end. Our entire set can be built off his runs. Both options have their pros and cons.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Next week can we please have some big guys.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What's funny is that Widdop could have been the hero with that 50m field goal attempt right at the end of golden point. Can't say the same about the rest of his game. Come on Bellyache, wake up to yourself - Widdop is no longer our future as he won't be there next year. Finchy is surely more competent at 5/8.

Cronk had a shocker with the boot, he was trying to kick the ball with every opportunity he got and was very predictable. Surely Mahe Fonua is on his last chance on the wing. Bobby Blair was great in the centres - that is his position (I'll be annoyed if Bellyache puts him in the halves during Origin). I'm a fan of Jason Ryles and he has been great for us, but tonight was easily one of his worst for us. Junior Moors and Lagi Setu were great, as was Hinchy. Billy didn't have a great game and was selfish in trying to score a try instead of going for outside players in Blair and Waqa. Cam was solid as per usual (just a lazy 43 tackles).

I don't think either side deserved to win tonight, and the result was really a tale of two halves. I'll take a draw, at least it breaks our losing streak.
Last edited by mattstormy on Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i'll happily take the point i honestly think we were the better side tonight (just) and should've won. Credit where it's due though, the scums defence was first class and made it a tough night for our boys. The less said about the refereeing the better other than they were out and out appalling. Besides a few silly errors that was a much improved effort on the last two weeks so hopefully we can take that into the Roosters. Ab
Monsoon
Monsoon

We would have beaten any other team in the NRL tonight i feel, Manly credit where its due, were amazing in D, i think the boys are waking up finally, cant wait for the game this weekend against the chookies!!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

1999 wrote:We would have beaten any other team in the NRL tonight i feel, Manly credit where its due, were amazing in D, i think the boys are waking up finally, cant wait for the game this weekend against the chookies!!
This!!!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
TC wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:How good is that Checcin bloke for melbourne?
Penalty count is 9-4 your way and your blokes haven't been on side all night.
Yep, Checcin is on *our* side
LOL your kiddin right? Hiku's first 2 "knock ons" were a complete joke ,atleast the third one was a knock on

And then Checcin gives us 2 points back,he shouldnt be reffereeing 5th grade let alone 1st grade,i think he's to
busy perving to officiate properly
,he is easily the worst official in the game
Homophobic idiot. Get off this site if you want to spread your hate. Do it somewhere else.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Fonua needs time in Jim beam cup. Widdop needs to get the arse.
Fonua's defensive game is non-existent at this stage. He's had a good taste of first grade now. Time to send him back to NSW Cup to work on his defensive game and when he comes back in, he will be a better player. At the moment, opposition teams are exploiting him.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't think Ryles had a bad game last night, yeah he made the mistake near the end but had a couple of good runs prior to that.
Agree with the majority on here re: Fonua switch with O'neil. after that performance Bobby Blair cannot be dropped so a bit of a switch in the backs to bring Chambers back in if fit.
'What do we want'......'We want Finchy'........When do we want him"........NOW!!!!
Think Cronks poor-ish performance last night is due to him doing to much. He seems to be getting very little support from Widdop. I think Finch may take some pressure off Cronk and free him up to get back to kicking perfection.

Waqa was great last night, as was Hoffman in the second half.

But Manly's great defence frustrated us, credit where it is due!!!
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i feel the reason we couldn't get over the line is 2 things; great defense by Manly and our way too predictable attack. I mean every time storm tried to do a certain play even i could see what they were going to do and that's why Manly and the other teams a few weeks ago have been able to stop our attack.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa Waqa is rapidly becoming my favourite player, great again last night S.W.A.S
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yeah waqa is a top bloke I reckon, poor bloke got penalised for being in the 10 so he started to walk off the field and asked the touchie y he got sin binned..