Players That Need To Be Dropped

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Badger was clearly only doing it to show his authority. As if to say "I'm in charge you and you can wait until I'm ready" he obviously could've got into position much quicker than he did but just wanted to be a smartarse about it.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote:Badger was clearly only doing it to show his authority. As if to say "I'm in charge you and you can wait until I'm ready" he obviously could've got into position much quicker than he did but just wanted to be a smartarse about it.
^This^ 100% agree :)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can't think of one this year. Last week I think it was Fonua was stopped because he wasn't centre-field when he tried to tap. And then I remember a couple of others which have been stopped because the refs out of position or "not ready".
But I cannot recall a single one which we've been able to capitalise on.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice, you're 100% right, Badger just wanted to show he had his big boy pants on and ended up being his usual wanky self
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If anyone has been keeping an eye on the feeder clubs but it appears that Ben Hampton is going really well do you think we should give him some big game experience and drop Widdop to NSW/QLD Cup? as i will use an example Manly (shudders) have done a good job by bringing in Cherry-Evans and Foran with such inexperience and are actually very good and dangerous.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Faider wrote:If anyone has been keeping an eye on the feeder clubs but it appears that Ben Hampton is going really well do you think we should give him some big game experience and drop Widdop to NSW/QLD Cup? as i will use an example Manly (shudders) have done a good job by bringing in Cherry-Evans and Foran with such inexperience and are actually very good and dangerous.
At this stage I'd say no. Especially against Manly and Roosters. An experienced 5/8 (Finch) I'd say absolutely. But I think that boat's sailed if the broken nose rumour is right.
During origin Hampton will possibly get a go at either 6 or 7.
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

What happened to Finch?

hasn't his nose always been broken :P
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Faider wrote:What happened to Finch?

hasn't his nose always been broken :P
Could just be a Matty Johns joke. He mentioned on last nights show that they got Ben Barba on at late notice because Finchy busted his nose in 3 places and it wouldn't be a good look for tv
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

How do you brake a nose in three places? A nose is just broken or it not. Finch might have a broken nose and it was swollen and he had black eyes, which would not be a good look. But the three places was most likely a joke on Johns part. Unless it is bad brake that requires surgery, Finch should be able to play.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:How do you brake a nose in three places? A nose is just broken or it not
I'm not a doctor but maybe it is broken on the top, on the left, on the right, and maybe the cartridge is broken too.

Oh woops! That's 4 places. Yeah you're right. You couldn't possibly break a nose in 3 places.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

There are two nasal bones fused together to make the bridge of the nose, which is the place it get broken. The rest of the nose is made cartridge, which is not a bone.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

fonua, widdop and ryles need to be dropped to keep our high standard of footy that we haven't seen for a few weeks now, even when we were winning ppl were calling for ryles to be dropped, with vave back I think he should come in for ryles..
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the banner crew should be dropped. At least one of the letters were a bit wonky at our last home game.
And that guy who yells really loud. He should be dropped.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Go Storm wrote:I think the banner crew should be dropped. At least one of the letters were a bit wonky at our last home game.
And that guy who yells really loud. He should be dropped.
Oi! We did NOT have wonky letters last game ;) :lol:

Ummmm, did we?? :shock2:
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote:There are two nasal bones fused together to make the bridge of the nose, which is the place it get broken. The rest of the nose is made cartridge, which is not a bone.
As my (quite painful) surgery a few years ago attests, you can break cartilage too.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately