STORM vs Raiders Rd 8

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Canberra got smashed 30-12 tonight. I didn't see a lot of the game, only tuned in as Robinson kicked a conversion, does anybody know why Croker wasn't kicking? I can't see our side changing much if at all. The only possible change that I can see is Kenny Bromwich maybe coming onto the bench in exchange for one of Setu, Moors or Griffin. I'm predicting we will name this side on Tuesday:

1.Slater
2.Waqa
3.Chambers
4.O'Neill
5.Fonua
6.Widdop
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith (c)
10.Norrie
11.Proctor
12.Hoffman
13.Harris (and didn't he go well at lock on Thursday)
14.Ryles
15.Moors
16.Griffin
17.Setu
18.K.Bromwich
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croker got injured again.

Yep good team.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crocker medial ligament
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Moors was sensational on Thursday night...why would the coach drop him against a big team like the Raiders ??
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i like the idea of k brom in for griffin
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crockers our for 6 weeks so misses this game
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yep no Croker is good for us, but the Raiders have made a habit the last few years of pulling out pants down, im a little weary, i would go with this line-up:

1. Billy SLATER
2. Sisa WAQA
3. Will CHAMBERS
4. Mahe FONUA
5. Justin O'NEILL
6. Gareth WIDDOP
7. Cooper CRONK
8. Jesse BROMWICH
9. Cameron SMITH (c)
10. Bryan NORRIE
11. Kevin PROCTOR
12. Ryan HOFFMAN
13. Tohu HARRIS

14. Slade GRIFFIN
15. Junior MOORS
16. Lagi SETU
17. Jordan McLEAN

Ryles needs a spell, he is too much of a liability with his discipline, and after watching McLean on the weekend, i really think the kid should get a shot. Also switched Fonua and O'Neill, we all saw last year Justin is a good centre but he is a great winger, and Mahe is definately a specialty centre i believe, he is too short and bulky to play on the flanks, he is getting found out constantly, anyone who watched the Samoa vs Tonga test will know where i'm coming from, Mahe looked 10 times better when he switched to the centres in the 2nd half and scored acouple of quality tries playing there. His rushing defence also wasnt as catastrophic when he has a winger to help cover up a misread, thoughts?
buza_storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Totally Agree with 1999 O'neil is more suited to the wing position with his speed and and leaping skills. Also agree with Fonua being found out by opposition teams as a winger, saw it on more than 3 occasions against the Warriors. Would love to see these two switch positions
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

No doubt in my Champion team to get the job done.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ok so a player is found out defensively so you move him closer to the action? ummmm yeh that makes no sense.

Mahe needs to spend time in FG on the wing to learn his art, once he masters that then we should move him around. To be honest I think he won't make a good centre right now anyway and Justin can play centre well. He is better on the wing I agree but its a better fit for the team if its Mahe at 5 and Justin at 4.
Monsoon
Monsoon

We missed 13 tackles through Justins corridor last week, how can it get any worse? Like i said watch the Samoa vs Tonga test when Mahe gets switched to the centres and you will see what i mean. Lets not forget O'Neill came through the grades as a winger, Fonua as a centre. His misreads are killing us on the wing because he has no one outside him for cover if he makes a mistake, atleast in the centres O'Neill can help him out. Did you see Hurrell rag dog Justin last week? Have you seen his speed and vertical leap? IMO they need to swap, proberbly wont happen but in Craig we trust!!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also one of my pet hates is people thinking specialty wingers can play centre and vice versa, these positions are vastly different. You forget 2012 mate? Justin was on the wing then and that turned out pretty good!! Honestly if you think Mahe isnt up to play centre at NRL level fair enough, but to me he isnt a winger, move him or drop him, i think Bobby Blair is a forgotten man in this squad and would slot in nicely with O'Neill flanking him.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Official team named to play the Raiders on Saturday night:

1. Billy SLATER
2. Sisa WAQA
3. Will CHAMBERS
4. Justin O'NEILL
5. Mahe FONUA
6. Gareth WIDDOP
7. Cooper CRONK
8. Jesse BROMWICH
9. Cameron SMITH (c)
10. Bryan NORRIE
11. Kevin PROCTOR
12. Ryan HOFFMAN
13. Tohu HARRIS

14. Jason RYLES
15. Junior MOORS
16. Slade GRIFFIN
17. Lagi SETU
18. Kenny BROMWICH
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

raiders team list
1 Reece Robinson
2 Sandor Earl
3 Jack Wighton
4 Blake Ferguson
5 Edrick Lee
6 Terry Campese (c)
7 Josh McCrone
8 Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
9 Matt McIlwrick
10 Brett White
11 Joel Edwards
12 Jake Foster
13 Shaun Fensom

Interchange
14 Anthony Milford
15 Joe Picker
16 Dane Tilse
17 Paul Vaughan
18 Jarrad Kennedy
19 Shaun Berrigan
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No idea what to think of Canberra. Under Bellamy we've had such a strong record against them. But they've got the 2 points the last couple of times down at Aami. And going by how we have played recently, I can see us getting knocked off again.

Not feeling confident atm.