STORM vs Raiders Rd 8

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tugga wrote:I think we now have a new bogey team.
We seem to have put the Warriors to rest for now, but Canberra continue to do a number on us.
We won 14 consecutive games (including 1 final) between 2003-09. In our last eight games against them since 2009, we have only won four from eight (including three consecutive losses at home, although in the same period we have defeated them three times in Canberra). I have to say, the much maligned David Furner sure knows how to win against the Storm (he started coaching them in 2009 as well and was the one to break the long winless drought).
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:
tugga wrote:I think we now have a new bogey team.
We seem to have put the Warriors to rest for now, but Canberra continue to do a number on us.
We won 14 consecutive games (including 1 final) between 2003-09. In our last eight games against them since 2009, we have only won four from eight (including three consecutive losses at home, although in the same period we have defeated them three times in Canberra). I have to say, the much maligned David Furner sure knows how to win against the Storm (he started coaching them in 2009 as well and was the one to break the long winless drought).
Yes he's done well to coach them against Storm in Melbourne, now he just needs to work on the other 15 clubs and Canberra Stadium.

Seriously though (LOL), they have beaten us every time my Father-In-Law (a Canberra supporter) comes with me to the game. Even as far back as Daleys farewell match at Olympic Park (circa 2002)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Solution to that Go STORM is DON`T TAKE YOUR FATHER IN LAW to the game. :-D I don`t feel that raiders are our bogey side for 1 minute.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:Solution to that Go STORM is DON`T TAKE YOUR FATHER IN LAW to the game. :-D I don`t feel that raiders are our bogey side for 1 minute.
Haha. Yeah I was a bit wary about bringing him after the last two encounters. I don't know how they even spot him amongst the crowd (he doesn't wear raiders gear). They must just know he's there??
He gets really passionate about his beloved green machine and nobody dares share the room with him when a live game's on. He jabbed me hard under the ribs once a number of years ago because I disagreed with him that a no try decision against them was the right call.
At the 78th minute mark I started tensing my left side for impact. LOL
Blotto
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I haven't seen the match but first impressions is that getting away with general underpreforming finally caught up with Storm if hadn't been the Raiders it would have another Team pretty soon!
Now that their arses have been kicked and I'm pretty sure Bellyache would have given the Squad a verbal cobweb blower similar to Fergies hairdryer, we will see a marked improvement in performance next game,
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Short version for the loss -
Canberra showed more aggression & STUCK TO THEIR GAME PLAN !
Melbourne scored the same number of tries,(but didn't convert all 4)
Senior players that should have known better panicked & made silly choices in passes/kicks.

Worst thing the team can do - Run around doing the chicken little thing - like some of us are :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

All I can say is if I hadn't have taken my Richmond footy socks off (I was about to be lynched by my fellow Bai Standers if I didn't) Storm would NOT have scored the last two tries ;)
True story ;D