Round 7 - ANZAC Day Clash Storm vs Warriors - 25/04 @ 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Curious about the Merkin Nacho, what does he do?

The lima-wit who couldn't even sacrifice 1 minute of his time for the fallen ANZACS should've been kicked out. Some "warrior" you were!!!

I thought Moors was great for us last night too.

Coops' kicking game looked a bit off in the first half. Perhaps because they did a good job of pressuring him to rush his kicks?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just on the 40/20, we sit around 15-20 meters away on the side it happened (back towards the half way line) so we had a good view of it. At the time it happened it clearly looked like it wasn't a 40/20 and even said to my mate it's ours after it rolled out. When he called it the other way we just looked at each other and said WTF? because from the way i saw it it looked a good half meter before the 20m line.

Did anyone else have a decent view of it whether it be near where it happened or in line with it on the other side? If so how did you see the call?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers.

Gun.

Re-sign him now Storm.

Pull out all reasonable stops to get it done.

End of story.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We sit at the river end near, just to the side of the goals (nearer to Punt Road). We are on an angle to where the ball went out, but again three of us all again it went out before the 20. We also looked at each other and said "how". Even my son who was watching live on TV sent he thought it was not a 40/20 from the camera angle. I think only the touchie and Elliott thought it was a 40/20.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Was great to hear that my CHAMPION TEAM did us proud(as I predicted). Didn`t we all know that the warriors would build themselves up for this game. 15 consecutive games WOOHOO
Another reason they were never going to beat us was their coach..he has never coached a winning side against CB.
When I arrived in London I had to go into a phone shop to ask the sales rep to check the score for me.He told me he liked Storm and I said what isn`t to like about them... :lol:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sounds like you had a very good angle of it Glenn and pretty much confirmed what i thought, we were dumbfounded when he called a 40/20 ??? Anyway the correct call was made in the end. Elliot was also whinging about the borderline forward pass though i noticed while watching the replay that their try just before half time might be seen as suspect as well looking at these pics. Johnson clearly passes the ball about a meter from the line and Tupou catches it virtually right on the line.

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahahahaha great find Ice.

I love when fans and coaches complain about calls going our way. We get dudded more than most teams.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't think much of it last night as i was too pissed off we let them in right on half time so didn't watch the replay on the screen. Though watching the game again this morning i noticed it looked a bit suss and the stills confirm that. The thing that shits me the most is that these opposition coaches will continue whinging that we get the rub of the green and an armchair ride and the refs will crack down on us even more because of it.
storm77
Squall
Squall

In a weird way this is the greatest rivalry in the game. Seriously they are just strange matches that these two teams have and I do not care how we do it but I will take the win anyway we can get it against them.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our left edge is still a real cause for concern defensively, that channel between Widdop, O'Neill and Fonua missed a massive 13 tackles (more than the rest of the team combined). We really need a restructure on that edge.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The missed tackles by Fonua, O'Neill and Widdop are a concern.

Will had a pretty good game, although he did make 3 handling errors and there was another ball that he almost dropped it went through his hands, hit his head and he regathered it. Hoffy, Billy and Sisa were good as were Jesse and Tohu.

There was one stage in the first half where the Warriors were attacking and Hoffy made 4 or 5 crucial tackles in the space of about 2 or 3 minutes. Happy for him to receive the medal.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great write up by Russell Gould today about how we are travelling atm, some great quotes from Cam as usual -
THE pure numbers suggest Melbourne Storm's premiership defence is in great shape but beneath the surface skipper Cameron Smith says the machine is not humming as nicely as it would seem.

Storm is undefeated after seven rounds, averaging an NRL-high 27 points a game and on a winning streak that stretches back to July 27 last year.

But after getting more than a little scare from the New Zealand Warriors on Anzac Day, which forced Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy to give his usually efficient players a withering half-time blast, Smith said his team had plenty to address.

"The one thing we are lacking at the moment is a bit of patience," Smith said.

"I don't know how many times we have dropped the ball, every game, all season, when we get up the opposition end. We are looking for a big play or a play that is going to get us four points when we shouldn't be.

"We score plenty of points anyway, even with all the errors we have made this year.

"We have to get back to making teams work a lot harder on their own try line, whether that's trying to roll the ball in the end-goal on the last or even if we turn the ball over a metre out from the try line, that's a good set and we are not doing that at the moment.

"Once we get that in our head that we don't have to do that, I think you'll see a better footy side."

Smith conceded Storm fell in to mirroring the Warriors' frantic ball movement on Thursday night. That doesn't work now and never has for Bellamy's grinding game plan.

"That's the style the Warriors play regularly and the footy we played was different to what we usually do. That wasn't planned," Smith said.

"We were coming up with plays that were low percentage. We're all about building pressure and kicking long. We sometimes play our best footy when it's a bit slower, a bit more controlled."

Storm escaped the Anzac Day epic injury free. With an eight-day turnaround until next Saturday's home clash with Canberra, Smith and his fellow representative teammates can enjoy a full weekend off to recover.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam is pretty much spot on. At half time I sent a text to a friend that said:

"Storm seem a bit anxious, not as calm as normal. Not playing normal style, we are playing too much like the Warriors."
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm sure I recall somebody saying on the replay that Craig gave 'em a massive spray at halftime and told them to cut out all the fancy shit and just stick to the gameplan.
I think they do crap themselves a bit when it comes to this game because the Warriors save their season's best game for us.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah, the warriors have a habit of ending the storms streaks - glad that games over :)