Round 7 - ANZAC Day Clash Storm vs Warriors - 25/04 @ 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From that squad, I'm expecting Sa'u, Moors, Blair,Moors to drop out.
staticash
Squall
Squall

Really hope O'neil plays he is one of my favorite attacking players.
S.W.A.S
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hope Juzzie plays.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bit of a conundrum for Bellyache; go with size and pick a bench full of forwards or pick 3 big forwards and a utility to bring on at 60 minutes when the big boppers in the Warriors pack start getting tired. I reckon Finchy will get a run on Thursday.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

LESStar58 wrote:Bit of a conundrum for Bellyache; go with size and pick a bench full of forwards or pick 3 big forwards and a utility to bring on at 60 minutes when the big boppers in the Warriors pack start getting tired. I reckon Finchy will get a run on Thursday.

This
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Bit of a conundrum for Bellyache; go with size and pick a bench full of forwards or pick 3 big forwards and a utility to bring on at 60 minutes when the big boppers in the Warriors pack start getting tired. I reckon Finchy will get a run on Thursday.
What have we done historically against the Warriors? I know we played 4 big guys (Ryles, Setu, Vave, Harris) on the bench against Souths mammoth forwards. If that's any indication.

I understand your point around quick legs exposing some tired big guys, the risk is if we aren't dominating the ruck, their big boys can be rolling over the top of us up the middle and we don't have the size to combat it.

Looking forward to the game though. One of the most anticipated of the year for me... Anyone have a sneak peak of the heritage jersey? - Pretty sure I read we get our heritage round this week after missing out?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

my guess would be '99 jersey, but, just a guess
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:Anyone have a sneak peak of the heritage jersey? - Pretty sure I read we get our heritage round this week after missing out?
We'll be wearing the heritage jersey for an upcoming home game but it was never said which one. If it was this week we probably would have heard something by now. As far as I'm aware, it's going to be the same as last year's (1998).
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not gonna lie...my friend is a warriors and storm member and was invited to the warriors capts run today at scotch collage...she didnt want to go alone so i went for support haha hell yeah spy why not

It ran for 45 minutes and the whole time the kickers sent high bombs to the wings so i hope our wingers are ready (look out for alot of stuff going chambers way too) also simon is deffinitly out and their capt is steve rapira his all ready shitting himself) apart from that they just called slater alot

lets see if any of this happens in the game
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol let them target Chambers and Sisa all they like. Still amazes me why teams aren't targeting Sa'u and Fonua more.

Anyway. Cheers for the info Sally.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
What have we done historically against the Warriors? I know we played 4 big guys (Ryles, Setu, Vave, Harris) on the bench against Souths mammoth forwards. If that's any indication.

I understand your point around quick legs exposing some tired big guys, the risk is if we aren't dominating the ruck, their big boys can be rolling over the top of us up the middle and we don't have the size to combat it.
Well on the back of being snookered out of the GF by the Warriors in 2011 they signed Ryles as they needed more size. The last few years I guess Hinchcliffe has been that "utility" player but he's really become a starting back rower but he has that mobility of playing some dummy half as well.

Your point in paragraph 2 is spot on though...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also tomorrow is the first time in ten years as a member I've had to pay to upgrade. All GA and cat 3 sold out. Had to buy a category 2 ticket and I literally could not buy 3 tickets to take 2 friends. Ended up just buying my own ticket cos they weren't replying to any of my texts, calls, FB posts. No way am I missing this. It's gonna be huge!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Game day :D
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think we go with size on the bench, smith, slater n cronk are the guys to get around the tired pack of the warriors later in the game not a bench player. our pack always step up and i have faith they will win the contest and our backs will take it from there.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As expected.

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
20. Justin O’Neill
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich