Round 7 - ANZAC Day Clash Storm vs Warriors - 25/04 @ 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Two things, the intercept try by the Warriors was bullshit as none of them were back the ten. Also, where were the 5,000 empty seats?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Yeah, the warriors have a habit of ending the storms streaks - glad that games over :)
Now we face our other bogey side next Saturday night. This game last year they pulled our pants down
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've never bought into the whole bogey side stuff and see it as more a media thing that anything. While we've always had great contests against the Warriors we still have a 16-13 record against them so i'm not sure how having a winning record against a team can be classed as a bogey side.

As for Canberra, while they've beaten us at home the last 2 meetings with the last one being diabolically bad that was the second game into our 5 game slump and we wouldn't beat the Manangatang 3rds with the way we played that night. Though we still have an overall 23-8 record against them which would make them even less of a 'bogey' side than the Warriors. That's just my opinion though.

Even though we're undefeated in the Penthouse we've been well below our best for much of the season and will need to lift against Canberra and anyone else we play. Good teams can still play below par and win as we do and what has happened so far but eventually that won't be quite enough. That said i'm excited that we still have plenty of improvement to come and when it does we'll be mighty hard to beat. Or even harder to beat ;)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

You're right ICE, 100%

The thing is that other clubs look at us as the benchmark of the comp and to beat us will by some miracle kickstart their season, or it's their Clayton's GF.
Because teams like Canberra have recent form on us, including trial at Geelong, it gives them an added sense of hope coming into the game.
It's almost like they train not to win the premiership, but to beat us in round 8 or whatever.
Parramatta's another one, they always play their best game of the season against us. Fortunately they haven't cracked us too often.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well said Ice. 100% agree.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:I'm sure I recall somebody saying on the replay that Craig gave 'em a massive spray at halftime and told them to cut out all the fancy shit and just stick to the gameplan.
I think they do crap themselves a bit when it comes to this game because the Warriors save their season's best game for us.
Those 2 Hail Mary plays in the last 3 minutes were just uncalled for.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

EVERY team save their best game against us then they CRASH the next week.So what if raiders beat us in the trial games I feel that they will be no challenge for my CHAMPION TEAM..What will furner start whinging about this week that Storm do to try and influence the refs,
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We take the field, that's clearly illegal as far as Furner is concerned.