Heritage Round - Why No Heritage Jersey???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just curious about last night's game, why don't we have a heritage jersey this year?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure we do have one and will be wearing it in a few weeks. Storm mentioned it on twitter IIRC.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would only be the same as the 2011/12 one surely... unless they do something to commemorate 15 years since the 1999 premiership. 1999 jersey slightly different to the 1998 one.
buza_storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Confirmed on twitter that the boys will wear a heritage jersey at a home game in the upcoming weeks...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

buza_storm wrote:Confirmed on twitter that the boys will wear a heritage jersey at a home game in the upcoming weeks...
I'd like to see an away heritage strip. The gold away jersey to make a comeback would be at the top of my list!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we're going to have a heritage round, it needs to be planned better. There's not much point if some of the teams can't participate because their heritage jersey is considered a home jersey and they're playing away (like us this year). If the NRL can at least plan the heritage round early and let clubs know whether they'll be playing home or away, clubs can then plan accordingly - and we might have had an away heritage jersey to wear. We could have even brought back the trial jerseys from last year.

If I had my way, I'd get rid of heritage round altogether. It's a great idea on paper but when you've got teams playing each other with no real history and teams not wearing heritage jerseys, it doesn't really work. Instead, I'd spread matches with historical significance throughout the season. We could nominate a home game against the Dragons to be our heritage game and wear the 1999 jersey. It would mean more to the clubs opposed to being paired up with whoever.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It would not surprise me in the slightest if they produce a replica of the 2000 World Club Challenge jersey seeing as we've won it again this year. It was produced to be worn for the away game against Canberra in 2010 but never went on sale to the public.

So let's just have a similar jersey to last year and the year before (COLLAR INCLUDED) and have the silver collar and lightning bolts. Reflective silver would be nice. I'd buy one.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wouldn't a 1998 jersey be more appropriate to our Heritage round than 1999?

Changing strips all the time is a big con by the NRL to get people buying merchandise. The AFL teams have kept there jumpers for years, with the occasional one-offs here and there.