REP WEEKEND

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

HOFFY has been named Captain of the City team for Saturdays game
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Tohu as well 18th man is better then Not getting called up at all

Can't wait to see nz play in the World Cup...I actually wasn't going to a nz game till the finals but have now brought tickets for nz vs Samoa in Warrington so I can't wait now
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

don't know about you guys, but buggered if I can see why Kirt Gidley got a call up,what ever people see in this guy is well hidden from me !!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty much just because of his utility value.

Still pointless tbh.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rose Madder wrote:don't know about you guys, but buggered if I can see why Kirt Gidley got a call up,what ever people see in this guy is well hidden from me !!
I agree, I've never been a fan. Bellamy seemed to like him when he coaching NSW, but I always thought that was because Craig's really a QLDer at heart LOL.

Hoffman should've been selected. Smith, Coops and JT are all 80min players, so a utility is not really necessary. And Hoffy can cover 2nd row, lock or centre if req'd.
Gidley will be used purely for the sake of using Gidley, which is a waste of an interchange IMO.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

personally, i think luke lewis covers most of the positions gidley does anyway
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:personally, i think luke lewis covers most of the positions gidley does anyway

Same. Would of been better to have Lewis as the utility and name another prop imo.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Heard Kurt Mann has been named capt of the 20s qld team...that 2 storm boys in 2 yrs at capt
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:
Rose Madder wrote:don't know about you guys, but buggered if I can see why Kirt Gidley got a call up,what ever people see in this guy is well hidden from me !!
I agree, I've never been a fan. Bellamy seemed to like him when he coaching NSW, but I always thought that was because Craig's really a QLDer at heart LOL.

Hoffman should've been selected. Smith, Coops and JT are all 80min players, so a utility is not really necessary. And Hoffy can cover 2nd row, lock or centre if req'd.
Gidley will be used purely for the sake of using Gidley, which is a waste of an interchange IMO.
Gidley is so over-rated, he can play lots of positions and neither of them really well. He could be like Cherry-Evans a couple of years ago and sit on the bench for the whole game.

Congratulations to Hoffy and Kurt Mann on their appointments as captain of their respective sides.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree that giggles is over rated.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Samoan team has now been named in position.

Samoa: Matthew Wright (Cronulla), Kalifa Faifai Loa (North Queensland), Antonio Winterstein (North Queensland), Junior Sa'u (Melbourne), Daniel Vidot (St George Illawarra), Carlos Tuimavave (Warriors), Ben Roberts (Parramatta), Jeff Lima (South Sydney), Masada Iosefa (Wests Tigers), Roy Asotasi (South Sydney), Eddy Pettybourne (Wests Tigers), Sam Tagataese (Cronulla), Lama Tasi (Sydney Roosters). Interchange: Leeson Ah Mau (St George Illawarra), Martin Taupau (Canterbury), Mark Taufua (Cronulla), Alex Elisala (North Queensland), Tanielu Pasene (Rugby League Samoa), Leia Saofaiga (Rugby League Samoa).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Samoan team has now been named in position.

Samoa: Matthew Wright (Cronulla), Kalifa Faifai Loa (North Queensland), Antonio Winterstein (North Queensland), Junior Sa'u (Melbourne), Daniel Vidot (St George Illawarra), Carlos Tuimavave (Warriors), Ben Roberts (Parramatta), Jeff Lima (South Sydney), Masada Iosefa (Wests Tigers), Roy Asotasi (South Sydney), Eddy Pettybourne (Wests Tigers), Sam Tagataese (Cronulla), Lama Tasi (Sydney Roosters). Interchange: Leeson Ah Mau (St George Illawarra), Martin Taupau (Canterbury), Mark Taufua (Cronulla), Alex Elisala (North Queensland), Tanielu Pasene (Rugby League Samoa), Leia Saofaiga (Rugby League Samoa).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol. Ben Roberts shouldn't be in first grade let alone play for his country.

Nice honour for Sa'u. Let's hope he has a big game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tonga in position:

1.Fisi'iahi
2.Fonua
3.Oldfield
4.Likiliki
5.Uaisele
6.Langi
7.Foster
8.Kite (c)
9.Seluini
10.Moa
11.Manu
12.Taumalolo
13.Tupou
14.Havili
15.Moimoi
16.Fa'aoso
17.Murdoch-Masila
18.Hala
19.Havea
20.Politini
21.Vea - First time I've seen his name on any list.

An interesting little statistic on the side here, the Samoan and Tongan starting 17s that are listed in Big League have the usual matches, tries and goals stats (albeit for their first grade careers instead of just the current season) next to their names, only two players have kicked a first grade goal Matthew Wright has 6 and, hilariously imo, Big Jeff Lima has the other 1. I wonder what odds you would have gotten at the start of the season if you had been able to bet that Lima would have more first grade goals than an entire opposition team that he was to play against this season lol.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Btw my mail on Kurt Mann being captain was wrong....his Vice Captain but still a big congrats to him