Round 6 - Rabbitohs v Storm Sat 13th April. ANZ 7.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

u gotta be thinkin Moors n Griffin would be ahead of Glasby n Garbutt.. imo
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

im just so happy with our effort ay.. all my mates were giving it to me.. ALWAYS HAVE THE LAST LAUGH :)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep; Fairfax reports Hinchcliffe and Vave gone for at least a month.

IMO Griffin to lock (reminds me a bit of DJ and Lowrie... just a persistent little cuss) and Kenny to replace Vave on the bench.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

good options for bellamy in the forwards this time last year we were pretty light up front so its a good test for us 7 rounds in
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

inglis is Kevin Proctors bitch..What a fend Kevvy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Storm101
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

stormy wrote:inglis is Kevin Proctors bitch..What a fend Kevvy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was the highlight for me :lol: , gaz played outstanding too
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great win by the boys. Waqa, Cronk and Widdop were awesome. Cam did his usual work. I noticed Hinchy had an ice pack on his knee after the game ... didn't realise it was that bad. He has been awesome at lock this year finding a number of holes in the opposition pack. Ryles made a couple of silly mistakes especially that pass of the ground.

It is a shame that Vave got injured because I think he would have been picked for Tonga next weekend.

I would say Moors in for Vave and Griffin or K Brom in for Hinchy. If Craig wants like for like you probably go Slade.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both Moors and Griffin or K Brom on the bench. Alternatively could injury to Hinchy open up a spot on the bench for Finchy.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finger crossed (touch wood) Kenny Mitch and Tim get through their game today un injured
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay the Easts Tigers have a bye, they don't play again until next Sunday.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:I'd go with Tohu to lock atm. He's been really good through the middle and can handle it better. And I'd prefer to keep Kevvy on the right edge

Yeah T can play both sides of his body while Kevin only really shines when he is on the right edge as he only uses his right hand to carry the ball. Get shut down too easily when he plays different areas
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can`t believe the squealing about Billy.You would think he is the first player to ever commit a professional foul.I think Billy did well and I am sure any player in the league would do the same in the same situation and if they say they wouldn`t then they are LYING..

LOVE YOUR NEVER GIVE UP STYLE BILLY..KEEP IT UP.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea people giving it to Billy over what he did are fools. He did what any smart player would of done.

I expect nothing less from him tbh.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Strong effort. The thing with this team is that it is reminiscent of the '07 team where we are almost certainly going to score three or four tries in every game as we are just so good and so talented on the offensive end. Maybe we will have a couple of bad weeks throughout the year but more often then not it is going to be up to our opposition to break our defense and match us. Problem is with SW in the lineup that is hard to do.
Blotto
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Well Storm suprised Souths and me by coming out of the blocks at a high tempo and looked in command despite the Bunnies having a very capable GF Squad. The 2nd half the Bunnies stepped it up as I thought they would have at the start of the game, I also think Storm relaxed a bit as well before they up their game again! Billy Slater did what he had to and protected his try line but I can understand the opposition fans frustration. Noticed Cronk & Smith had a long chat with Inglis after the game.