Round 6 - Rabbitohs v Storm Sat 13th April. ANZ 7.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:That's what I meant. O'Neal's our best option whether he replaces Sau at centre or Fonua at Wing
Ah, roger. Agreed.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Juzzy is healthy then replace Sau!

Sau has impressed but with Mahe and Sau on the same wing we lack any presence for a high ball - They have done well however. Mahe should start every week the way hes been playing, so impressed by the bloke.

And I wont be watching this match, my finger nails have just grown back from the broncos game so id like to not chew them off again
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Obviously no surprises there this early in the week.

Storm:
1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Tafeaga Junior Sa'u
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Tohu Harris
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange:
14. Jason Ryles
15. Lagi Setu
16. Siosaia Vave
17. Kevin Proctor
18. Slade Griffin
19. Kenneath Bromwich
You need to add number 20 Brett Finch to this list.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just off twitter Billy has an Injury in a moon boot might not play

Easy....don't play him

Play Sisa at fullback bobby Blair to wing....done
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well if Billy doesn't play I'd move Gaz to fullback and finch to 5/8th.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/853 ... ith-Souths

Star Melbourne fullback Billy Slater is in a moon boot and in doubt for the Storm's top-of-the-table NRL clash with South Sydney on Saturday night.

Coach Craig Bellamy confirmed Slater was struggling with a foot injury sustained in the Storm's win over Wests Tigers on Monday night and had been put in the boot as a precaution.

Should Slater miss the match against the Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium, it would be a huge blow for the premiers in their battle against the only other unbeaten team in the competition.

"He is wearing a moon boot - he's got a problem with his foot," Bellamy said on Wednesday.

"We're not quite sure how bad the problem is at the moment, but we'll see how he pulls up and hopefully he trains on Friday and we go from there.

"He's certainly causing a little bit of angst at the moment, I must say, but if there's any possibility of him being there, he'll be there.

"(But) we certainly won't be taking any chances with him."

Should the injury be more serious, it could also impact Slater's availability for Australia's Test against New Zealand next Friday night.

Both the Storm and Rabbitohs have won their opening five matches of the season, with Bellamy's former Storm assistant Michael Maguire now in charge at Souths.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:Well if Billy doesn't play I'd move Gaz to fullback and finch to 5/8th.
agree.. that's probably y finch was named in jumper 20 aswell
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Well if Billy doesn't play I'd move Gaz to fullback and finch to 5/8th.
This ...undoubtedly.....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

But youngster Ben Hampton, who deputised for Slater at fullback in the pre-season, has been playing well there in NSW Cup - and Bellamy backed him should the need arise.
I'm wid U coach ;) Why shuffle many when only one change is required.

In a rabbit hunt an unexpected hound is an advantage.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't know if I'm keen on blooding Benny in such a big game. Would love him to play but just think Gaz is our best option.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

according to fox sports, storm management have said billy is likely to play, all he has to do is train friday.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hopefully Bill does play, providing he's 100%. But if he doesn't Widdop should definately play fb with Finch at 6.
It's not as though either are just stop-gaps. Gareth is a natural fullback, and a damned good one too. He's only playing 5/8 because Billy's better and he's too good to let go.
And Finchy's still one of the leagues best, who'd be the starting no6 at most other clubs in the NRL or ESL. And he has a well established combination with Coops, Cam, Hoffy and Hinchy in particular.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bobby Blair on the wing!!!...there one I didn't see coming??
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didn't Bill need to wear a moonboot last season at some stage ? I don't think he missed any games though.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

This!
Finch was brought back to play this 5/8 role for our depth. Widdop slides nicely into FB. problem solved.
if Billy is not fit, don't play him. At 5-nil its not imperative we win this game.