Storm five-eighth Gareth Widdop shows he's at his peak

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for clearing things up Mr Widdop. It's very hard to speak to journos without them putting any spin on what's said.

I have faith in Gareth and the Storm to get a deal worked out sooner rather than later. But I understand Gaz has to weigh up the best options for him and his family. Hopefully for us Storm fans it will be in Melbourne. Would love to see him play his whole NRL career in the purple jumper.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

So it seems the real major tossbag is the journo. No surprise there.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mr Widdop. That's very noble of you to come on here and explain your words. I apologize for calling you a tossbag. The article certainly didn't put you in a good light. Also my wife is a pom so don't take my pommy git comment to heart. If Gareth goes to the broncos so be it. He is a very good player and will do well, and I will wish him all the best. However i don't agree with family members of players talking to the press bout where a player should/could sign. It feels unprofessional and most importantly very UNSTORMLIKE. The last time, was when Israel Folau's brother took to the press to let everyone know how unhappy he was on Melbourne. I like the fact that we are the most professional club in the nrl.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for the insight Mr Widdop. It is a shame that journos feel the need to spin something so glaringly to suit their agenda or to get a good story. Especially when it doesn't paint you in a great light to die hard Storm supporters as I am sure you can appreciate.

I too hope Widdop and the Storm can work out an agreeable deal. You must have been very proud of his efforts last night.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was ready to come on hear and say oh well looks like Gareth's dad want him to go so he will but after reading Mr Widdops comments I feel as though we all need to apologise
Gareth has a family and will do what he needs to do for them hopefully that involves the storm but if it doesn't I'd support him 100% anyway and hope he plays to his potential and plays for England
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mr Widdop...thanks for taking the time to clarify a few details.

Not that you should have to...but it is appreciated.

Ultimately any comments made by Storm Members and/or supporters would be borne out of the strongest desire to see Gareth continue to play for Storm.

He is a bright .... bright young star of the NRL and we would hate to see him showcase his skills for another Club.

Having said that...we are all mature enough to know that Gareth needs to do the right thing by his family and I'm sure that he will take that responsibility extremely seriously.

I respectfully hope that Gareth forges a long career with Melbourne Storm and will one day be spoken about in the same breath as Cam Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk as being a one Club legend.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Good of you to come on here and clear up a misconception WiddopSnr. Thanks for that. :thumbright:

A journo mis-quoting or taking a comment out of context. Who would have believed it? [-X
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately