Round 5 Storm v Wests Tigers Mon 8 April at AAMI at 7pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would expect Craig to name a team like this on Tuesday:
1 Slater
2 Duffie
3 Chambers
4 Sa'u
5 Fonua
6 Widdop
7 Cronk
8 Bromwich
9 Smith
10 Norrie
11 Harris (How well is Tohu going by the way?)
12 Hoffman
13 Hinchcliffe
14 Ryles
15 Setu
16 Vave
17 Proctor
18 Moors

I would also not be surprised to turn up to AAMI Park and to have a number 19 starting on the wing (ie Sisa Waqa). Craig did the same with Kevin this week, he didn't name him in the original squad but brought him back into the team after one NSW Cup match. I don't think it makes a lot of difference who Sisa replaces but I think he is our best winger.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

after seeing him play centre in nsw cup, he may replace sa'u...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He played centre? Very interesting...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually think the missed Slade Griffen
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Struggling to fit everyone in. Griffin, Moors, Waqa, Finch all deserve to be in there. Then O'Neill will return soon too.

Plus I'd like to see Garbutt and Kenny get their chances. Massive depth!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I do love our depth atm. And its a real shame not everyone has gotten their chance yet. Don't expect any major changes. Maybe Sisa into the final 17.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sisa Waqa in for Duffie would be my only change.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought they missed Slade also. He plays just like a young Smith/Hinchcliffe (not as good yet). But during the middle of the game when everyone is a bit tried bringing on a young fit dummy half runner and a fresh tackler in defence helps the older players.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i would like to see sisa replace sau after watching him in the centres, very good short passing game! but it wont happen for a couple of weeks yet.

i thought proctor was very strong last game, but its hard to see him taking too many minutes off harris or hoffy.
moors was massive in nsw cup and could replace setu, it would get setu playing bigger minutes in nsw cup too.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can't understand why everyone's bagging out Sau and Fonua
All I can see of Fonua is a nuggety young kid who tries his absolute guts out. His quick play of the ball's out of our end are absolutely brilliant. He's no muss and no fuss. I think it was against the dragons where he was held down so did a somersault, played the ball and we gained about 30m off a quick play.
He's not afraid to tuck the ball under his arm and run straight either. He reminds me a little of Matt Utai without the thighs.
As for Sau. He's quite a formidable looking character who also isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. And he's already scored one try and came within millimeters of another.

I too hope Waqa's back next week, but I wouldn't be exchanging him for either of those two blokes.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Because we also need them to defend well. Sa'u is known to be a poor defender at the Knights and Mahe has been foound out a couple of times but he's still a rookie so its not as bad. No one is criticising their attacking ability.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

All the tries are being scored down our RHS. I've seen no notable errors in either blokes' defensive reads or efforts.
As for Sau's reputation at Newcastle. Consider him a new man after experiencing a full off season working under Craig and his team.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why would Waqa play centre in his NSW Cup return if Craig wasn't considering something a bit different. It's been bugging me... Surely this isn't typical for an outside back making a return?

Or am I reading too much into this?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:Why would Waqa play centre in his NSW Cup return if Craig wasn't considering something a bit different. It's been bugging me... Surely this isn't typical for an outside back making a return?

Or am I reading too much into this?
Just my opinion here, but I'm sure Waqa is capable of playing both centre and wing positions, as is O'Neil and possibly Fonua.
The NSWCup team's coach probably chose to play him at centre because their regular winger is better than their regular centre.
When NRL players join the lower grades it'd be a huge booster for that team. I'm not sure how much, if any, input CB would have in relation to these games.
Especially not when you consider we are part of the Cronulla Sharks NSWCup team, not our own.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

It would be great for S.W.A.S. if Sisa comes back soon.It`ll be a couple of games for him to get into the groove of the team but he`ll make a difference in defence & offence. The more positions he gets experience in the better for our team I say.