Round 4 - Brisbane vs Melbourne Fri 29/03 7:05pm at Suncorp

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hang on Storm or Drive it home Boys
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very happy to get the win in the end but really shouldn't have been so close. I can't remember the last time our defence was that brittle so there's plenty of work to do. That said i don't think it's anything that can't be overcome with a bit of tweaking and I'm sure that'll be addressed ASAP. No doubt Bellyache will give them an almighty rocket.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Far out... I remember having fingernails before the game, what the hell happened.

Fantastic start but our right side defence was woeful. Needs to be addressed.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

PHEW ...how are you feeling Sallymay?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chamber's reads were terrible tonight. Duffie's were just as bad.

The Broncos only had one play but they kept burning us with it. We had a bunch of fancy, beautiful set plays, but all the Broncos needed was a second man play on our right edge.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the first broncos try still should never have been allowed, don't they need CONCLUSIVE evidence to overturn to on field ref's decision? no wonder he went up for everything after that, they overturned his decision based on nothing, he would not have been able to trust any decision he made!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know we won. And its 2 points in the bag. But I haven't seen us defend that poorly in a long time. We just let a poor attacking team have our way with us. Duffie with poor reads defensively and should be dropped. Chambers just as bad.

What's frustrating is, when we had the ball we toyed with Brisbane all night. They had no answers.

Kudos to the Broncos. They targeted our weak links and it came off.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Chambers owes Duffie a few beers after that defensive effort. His reads were terrible and left Duffie isolated on too many occasions. 3 tries can be directly attributed to Chambers's poor decision making and his lack of faith in his inside defenders. However in saying that, our sliding defence wasn't on the ball and a few players were lazy in holding our defensive pattern.

But most of all, I feel sorry for the Tigers because the boys will be filthy on letting the Broncos comeback, so expect them to come out firing next week and re-affirm our dominance.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Duffie and Chambers were awful in defence, if O'Neill and Waqa were fit i think Will & Duff would be practising in NSW Cup next week. Slater Cronk Setu and Harris were all strong, and i thought Proc looked good in his first game back. Sau started well but faded again, as did Widdop. Glad to get the 3 i thought we dig deep and was a pleasing win.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hinchcliffe and Smith were excellent as well.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu was brilliant once again. I'm sure he played 80 minutes as well.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not quite, had a 5-10 minute breath in the 2nd half, but was top notch as we're coming to expect him to be
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very pleasing to be able to maintain our unbeaten streak despite not playing at our best. Our right hand defense obviously needs a lot of improving and could've quite easily have cost us the game tonight. Slater, Cronk and Harris were our best.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

One things for sure, Will Chambers looks like he could kill it in a game of Twister. Should never have been a try for the Broncos
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Called it a couple of weeks back...the right side has been woeful - the surprising part was that it took an opposition team this long to keep attacking down there. And everyone was worried about mahe and sau!

Regardless, 2 more points..the title defence rolls on - and how good was that cronk chip to slater, and that cronk bomb to slater, and that smith grubber to slater...and best of all that lengthy scrum hold on thaiday for slater! Some absolute brilliance in that game - it was a joy to watch - no other team can come close to the stuff these guys do!