Round 3 - Melbourne STORM v Canterbury Bankstown BULLDOGS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:O Dear :-\ Much as I hate to buy into the 'religion' thing.I think the world would be a better place if people with no control & too much hate / ambition didn't have a 'religion' to use as their excuse crutch ;)

Welcome back small fruit friend ;D
Religion has nothing to do with my original post. I was simply making a statement about the behavior of a select few members of Australia's multicultural community.

My cousin got bailed up by about half a dozen Middle Eastern hoods in Sydney a few years ago on the train and they demanded his wallet. He just sat there with his wallet in his back pocket and said "No, sorry, you can't have it". None of them had the balls to physically accost him but it says plenty about the mind set of some of these crettins.

I remember an instance a few years back where a bunch of Bulldogs fans singled out a Tigers fan post game for no other reason aside from being a Tigers fan and they gave him a kicking. Hepas of witnesses but none of them had the hide to try and help this bloke out. Thugs in football jerseys, nothing more.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yep all thugs, none actually go the games to support the team ::)
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

so r u saying if we win on thursday we have atleast a %51 or better record against any club??
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Every club that remains in the NRL yes, dead ones like Norths and St George Dragons are obviously excluded.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would prefer bobby Blair over junior. Bobby Blair was awesome as our center in 2011. I remember against the rabbits he shut down GI big time. Mahe needs a solid defensive center next to him.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would be happy with Blair also. Anyone know how his face is? Has he had a run back from injury yet?
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:I would be happy with Blair also. Anyone know how his face is? Has he had a run back from injury yet?
yeah he played 2nd row last week in nsw cup n scored 2 tries..
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:I would prefer bobby Blair over junior. Bobby Blair was awesome as our center in 2011. I remember against the rabbits he shut down GI big time. Mahe needs a solid defensive center next to him.
Agreed...Blair completely shut down GI and several other big names in 2011.

He also had a nice attacking streak in him as well.

Some have forgotten how important Blair was in the backline for a period there in 2011...

I do love Sau's bursting runs in attack though...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The winner will be determined by who controls of the middle of the field.

We employ 2 main defensive patterns, a compressed/slide defence (usually when the opposition is in our half) and an up and in pattern (when the opposition is pinned in their half). The emphasis of these patterns are smiliar and based around shutting down the opposition attack by stoping them in the middle of the field, therefore limiting their ability to throw the ball around and play on the edges.

The Dogs are a team who love to create 2nd phase play through their forwards such as Pritchard, Eastwood and Taupau who all have the ability to offload at will, which allows Reynolds and co the opportunity to play on the edges and push the ball wide. This is where our superior fitness levels will come in to play as our A and B defenders will have to be on their game in an effort to present a constant fast paced defensive line for the entire 80mins, which will cut the Dogs down at the ruck and force them to play through the middle. This serves as a bonus for us not only because we will limit their attacking style, but also because the majority of the play through the ruck will ensure the Dogs forwards are working overtime to get them over the advantage line. This is where they will be caught out as they have a big pack who will tire out towards the back end of both halves, allowing us to play an expansive attacking game which will catch the tired Dogs forwards around the edge of the ruck.

Our forward pack will need to muscle up and present a steady work rate on attack and defence so as to counter act the Dogs foward pack. We can not let them intimidate us through the middle otherwise the game will open up and we will be exposed. If they are to score it will be out wide as it presents the best opportunity to expose our defensive patterns.

If we play our brand of footy and dont get intimidated by the Dogs we will win by 18+

Darkhorse for tomorrow night's game: Junior Sa'u to wreck havoc out wide.

GO STORM!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Every confidence my CHAMPION TEAM will get the job done.honestly does anyone see any real threat from the dogs?.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:Every confidence my CHAMPION TEAM will get the job done.honestly does anyone see any real threat from the dogs?.
Yes. It will be a tough and physical encounter. And we will triumph!!!
Blotto
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm V Bulldogs. Another tough game on a short turn round (I bet Storm were a bit envious of the Bunnies 11 day break!) Doggies still underdone but it won't be easy for Storm to prevail but they should!

Tigers v Eels. A tough one to call but Tigers looked a bit better in attack last match whereas as Eels struggled near the try line, Tigers to ease this one

Titans v Sea Eagles. The Seagulls have certainly stepped up early doors and could win this tussle against the Titans also showing good form, Seagulls to shade it

Roosters v Broncos. Both teams struggling with early form home advantage to prevail for the Chooks!

Sharks v Warriors. The off field saga is not helping the Sharks and despite the expected heroics from Gallen I think the Kiwis will take this one

Panthers v Rabbitohs. I expect the Bunnies will be playing as we expect with the butt kicking from Madge after the last match. Panthers won't be a pushover a tough match going to the Bunnies.

Raiders v Dragons. Two Teams struggling to fine some early season form St Jarge to shade this one

Knights v Cowboys. I doubt the Knights will have recovered from the on field derriere kicking by Manly whereas the Cowboys are still looking for Storms 3 card trick but will find some magic of their own to win this one!
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Storm by 20 and slater Mom .
I think we will blow the dogs off the park tonight , im excited !
The boys will b e happy the games not being played in 30+ degrees heat !
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Christabella wrote:Do people realise that a Storm win this week and they can officially claim dominance over every single club. Yes they have been the benchmark for the past 7 years but going over records since 1998 they have a winning record (ie. more wins than losses) against 14 other clubs. A win this week equals a winning record against every other club in the
NRL.

BTW comments about religion don't really belong a match thread.
does this record include the 07,08,09 and 2010 seasons..? getting stick about that we dont hold dominance cos thats what ya get when ya cheat..
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

God hates pedophiles, serial killers, tax dodgers....and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.