Round 3 - Melbourne STORM v Canterbury Bankstown BULLDOGS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

O Dear :-\ Much as I hate to buy into the 'religion' thing.I think the world would be a better place if people with no control & too much hate / ambition didn't have a 'religion' to use as their excuse crutch ;)

Welcome back small fruit friend ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

How can anybody with even the slightest resemblance of a brain believe that Craig Smith did not cop a high tackle, and was not a certainty to ground the ball if he didn't?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:I think the world would be a better place if people with no control & too much hate / ambition didn't have a 'religion' to use as their excuse
It would be infinitely better without religion in general. All of them are disgusting.

Anyway... Melbourne to smash the Dogs and Slater to have a blinder.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
Bourbon Rat wrote:I think the world would be a better place if people with no control & too much hate / ambition didn't have a 'religion' to use as their excuse
It would be infinitely better without religion in general. All of them are disgusting.

Anyway... Melbourne to smash the Dogs and Slater to have a blinder.
Yes go the Storms (As a football fan,i despise your team being called "the storms" im
saying it ironically) on and please belt them hard,make the stadia fill with ambulances
filled with blue and white patients (Fans,officals,coaching staff,players,recruitment officers)
henceforth!

As an Agnostic (Do not subscribe to religion but think theres a possibility of truth in them)
i totally agree that religions are a waste of space the way they are always at war with one
another

Religion to me is a bunch of stories made for the sole purpose of guiding you through a
good life and tries to teach you to be a good person,the religion that i hate teaches you
to hate people from another belief system,i find a serious malignancy in that ideal

Oh and hey Bourbon Rat,women don't care for the size of your fruit and unlike the poms
us irish have our meat where it counts! Also pretty sure Ireland invented most forms of
alcohol,or we just drink it,im sure its one of the 2
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Will Chambers 4. Tafeaga Junior Sa'u 5. Mahe Fonua 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Tohu Harris 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange: 14. Jason Ryles 15. Lagi Setu 16. Slade Griffin 17. Junior Moors 18. Maurice Blair

Bulldogs: 1. Drury Low 2. Mitch Brown 3. Josh Morris 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Sam Perrett 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Kris Keating 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis (C) 10. Martin Taupau 11. Tony Williams 12. Josh Jackson 13. Greg Eastwood
Interchange: 14. Dene Halatau 15. Dale Finucane 16. David Klemmer 17. Tim Browne 19. Tim Lafai
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Do people realise that a Storm win this week and they can officially claim dominance over every single club. Yes they have been the benchmark for the past 7 years but going over records since 1998 they have a winning record (ie. more wins than losses) against 14 other clubs. A win this week equals a winning record against every other club in the
NRL.

BTW comments about religion don't really belong a match thread.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sa'u and Fonua on one side defending scares the crap out of me. Hope the coaching staff is working overtime with that side of the field. Widdop is over there too.

YIKES..

Also shocked that Ryles is named as I wasn't expecting him to play with our crazy schedule. And don't we have another utility player more capable than Blair ?
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:And don't we have another utility player more capable than Blair ?
Yes I think you do his name is Brett Finch, he may not cover the outside backs like Blair but could Widdop could play in the backline if needed
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

And Sa'u returns to the NRL at AAMI park for the first time since this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M52n2sOQXk&sns=em

Wonder if his teammates have let him forget about it.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Blair and Sa'u are both competing for the centre spot left vacant because of Juzzy's injury, that's why he's been named on an extended bench.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:Sa'u and Fonua on one side defending scares the crap out of me. Hope the coaching staff is working overtime with that side of the field. Widdop is over there too.

YIKES..

Also shocked that Ryles is named as I wasn't expecting him to play with our crazy schedule. And don't we have another utility player more capable than Blair ?
yep ryan hoffman will be out there to.. gunna have his work cut out for him.. nothing hoffman cant handle
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Inglis#3 wrote:Blair and Sa'u are both competing for the centre spot left vacant because of Juzzy's injury, that's why he's been named on an extended bench.
i wonder if he might think about harris to play centre hinchy to 2nd row griffin to lock.. i think who ever plays there and if they dont perform will be dropped when proctor comes back with proctor in 2nd row hinchy lock harris to centre.. imo
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote:Blair and Sa'u are both competing for the centre spot left vacant because of Juzzy's injury, that's why he's been named on an extended bench.
i wonder if he might think about harris to play centre hinchy to 2nd row griffin to lock.. i think who ever plays there and if they dont perform will be dropped when proctor comes back with proctor in 2nd row hinchy lock harris to centre.. imo
Hmm maybe not for this week cause Inu will run rings around whoever is the centre but maybe Tohu could handle it against Brisbane if Hodges is out. I don't like the current options though.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Christabella wrote:Do people realise that a Storm win this week and they can officially claim dominance over every single club. Yes they have been the benchmark for the past 7 years but going over records since 1998 they have a winning record (ie. more wins than losses) against 14 other clubs. A win this week equals a winning record against every other club in the
NRL.

BTW comments about religion don't really belong a match thread.
The only reason don't have a dominant record against the Bulldogs is because they were the Storm's bogey side back in the early-mid 2000s. We only won 1 out of 12 clashes back then against them before the Storm started a dominant streak against the Dogs. The Storm were no match for players such as Braith Anasta, Hazem El Masri, Willie Mason, Brent Sherwin, Steve Price, Matt Utai, Mark O'Meley, Luke Patten and Andrew Ryan back then. Getting smashed in two second week finals in '03 and '04 just summed up that era playing against those players.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oh I remember those games and the streak quite well, my only point was to say that the wins are now at 15 each one more and the Storm's dominance over the rest of NRL will be complete.