Flake anyone

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well they have removed the coach. Some player have getout clauses. Some players may not want to stay. We have money still left in the cap is their anyone from the sharks we would offer a one year win a prem deal to as it seems what we do. Also it is strange that every time the NRL gets involed with a AFL ex it blows up big time thank god we didnt get the AFL 2 I C god knows what would of happened.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here is the current list, I understand it is the new recruits who are most upset over Flanagan being stood down:

Jason Bakuya
Todd Carney
Rodney Coates
Isaac De Gois
Sosaia Feki
Andrew Fifita
Paul Gallen
Nathan Gardner
Bryce Gibbs
Michael Gordon
Wade Graham
Jon Green
Chris Heighington
Ricky Leutele
Luke Lewis
Penani Manumalealii
Stuart Mills
Daniel Moroko
John Morris
Tyrone Peachey
Ben Pomeroy
Alipati Ratini
Jeff Robson
Ben Ross
Beau Ryan
Tupou Sopoaga
Nathan Stapleton
Sam Tagataese
Mark Taufua
Chad Townsend
Anthony Tupou
Jonathan Wright
Matthew Wright

In answer to your question, purely hypothetical and we probably can't afford them anyway, I would love to see any of these guys lob up at the Storm:

Fifita, Gallen, Gordon, Lewis, Peachey (Enormous potential) or Taufua.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really the only two guys I'd love at the Storm are Wade Graham and Andrew Fifita.

Wont happen though.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would stay far, far away from the Sharks right now.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would have Paul Gallen in a Storm jersey in a heartbeat. I've come around on hi in the last couple of seasons...
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote:I would stay far, far away from the Sharks right now.
^ This +1 ^
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:I would have Paul Gallen in a Storm jersey in a heartbeat. I've come around on hi in the last couple of seasons...
Win-Win situation for both club and man. I'd be more than happy to win the next couple of GF's with Gal in the squad. He won't win one anywhere else.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Sharks said they did there own investgation and found all this happen at the Sharks for a four week period in 2011 when Danks was employed. Danks was at Manly for five years. Are they doing there own investgation or is someone else?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Its since been taken down off NRL Gossip on FB but Rachel Givney, David's daughter, made a pretty impassioned post stating the "undisputed facts" of the case and I think the same post was read out by Ray Hadley on 2GB yesterday.

If there's a modicum of accuracy or truth to what she has written, then the Sharkies might have to pring for an unfair dismissal case. The long and the short of it is that Givney was totally in the dark about Dank's practices and was not consulted on his hiring. When Givney found out what was happening he resigned. The board wouldn't accept his resignation and sacked Dank instead. Now THIS happens.

Something stinks.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Its since been taken down off NRL Gossip on FB but Rachel Givney, David's daughter, made a pretty impassioned post stating the "undisputed facts" of the case and I think the same post was read out by Ray Hadley on 2GB yesterday.

If there's a modicum of accuracy or truth to what she has written, then the Sharkies might have to pring for an unfair dismissal case. The long and the short of it is that Givney was totally in the dark about Dank's practices and was not consulted on his hiring. When Givney found out what was happening he resigned. The board wouldn't accept his resignation and sacked Dank instead. Now THIS happens.

Something stinks.
A board trying to cover their own arse by selling out others. Surely not
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This explains why clubs in that other code haven't had a case to answer;

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6593596042
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:The Sharks said they did there own investgation and found all this happen at the Sharks for a four week period in 2011 when Danks was employed. Danks was at Manly for five years. Are they doing there own investgation or is someone else?
About 2 days after the ASADA story broke, Manly came out and emphatically denied any wrong doing by the club or that any player/coach had ever done anything wrong.

Those 48 hours must have been intense investigation to be so sure of that! In reality, Manly officials just made the statement and put up a wall of denial. Classic Manly style.

It must just be the world's biggest coincidence that by the time Dank left Manly to when he started at the Sharks, that he decided to start injecting players with illegal performance enhancing drugs in that tiny window... Yeah right.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to this article, if two or more Sharks players are found guilty, the club can be banned from the league. Considering there are 14 players under suspicion, I don't like their odds. The NRL needs to go along with the WADA's rules. If the NRL doesn't follow the rules (assuming the Sharks will end up in a position to be banned), the Kangaroos could be banned from competing in the World Cup this year. I know people have been talking about the Sharks folding/merging/relocating for years - but this time, I think it might actually happen.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2N5EF0T7k
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And now there's talk of possible salary cap breaches.....i think the industrial sized fan at cronulla must be on the highest setting!

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/shark-attack- ... 2fsyt.html
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:According to this article, if two or more Sharks players are found guilty, the club can be banned from the league. Considering there are 14 players under suspicion, I don't like their odds. The NRL needs to go along with the WADA's rules. If the NRL doesn't follow the rules (assuming the Sharks will end up in a position to be banned), the Kangaroos could be banned from competing in the World Cup this year. I know people have been talking about the Sharks folding/merging/relocating for years - but this time, I think it might actually happen.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2N5EF0T7k
I sincerely doubt that would ever happen. I understand that this is a possibility under WADA rules but the NRL has to meet it's obligations under the TV contract. Banning a club would void that contract and put the entire game in jeopardy.