NSW Cup/QLD Cup 2013

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Oh really ? Sweet, cheers for letting us know, Scooter.
No worries Blazza18.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.sharks.com.au/news-display/N ... d-14/77171

The NSW Cup Sharks have remained 'perfect' in stretching their unbeaten run to 14 games with a 44-20 victory over Wentworthville.

Despite the late scratchings of the experienced pair of Brett Finch and Nathan Stapleton the Sharks proved far too good for the Magpies, the feeder team for the Parramatta Eels, running in eight tries on the day.

After giving up the first try of the match before they had even touched the ball, the rest of the first half was all Sharks, combination of strong play from their front rowers and clever touches from the halves saw the home team take a commanding 26-4 lead at the half time break.

Tries to the Sharks came from Storm hooker Slade Griffin who got the first when he dived over from dummy half, with further four pointers to captain Stewart Mills, back rower Tyrone Peachey, Young Tonumaipea on the wing and Daniel Moroko.

Frenchman Tony Gigot, who had a hand in a couple of the Sharks tries, kicked four goals as the Sharks led by 22 points at the break.

Coming back from half time the Sharks extended their lead when Peachey cross for his second, a soft try from dummy half, before Wentworthville bounced back through five eighth Nathan Smith to make the score 32-10 with still half an hour of the match remaining.

From there it became a little bit scrappy, with two more tries to each team rounding out the scoring.
The Sharks now move to 30 competition points in the NSW Cup from 14 wins and a bye and are a clear competition leader.

The next match for the NSW Cup Sharks is against the Newtown Jets at Henson Park next Saturday afternoon.

SHARKS 44
Tyrone Peachey 2, Stewart Mills, Young Tonumaipea, Kirisome Auva'a, Penani Manumalealii, Slade Griffin, Daniel Moroko tries, Tony Gigot 6 goals
beat
WENTWORTHVILLE 20
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://youtu.be/kpg2sQyWuvo

Check out the try by the no 1 from the Capras Munster...he is The new storm backup to billy slater...wow

They didn't win but Tim Ben and Mahe played ok

Also it was interesting last night at the after party I had a chat with Mitch Garbutt and told him the easts tigers lost he was genuinely upset and wanted to know how our storm boys played
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:http://youtu.be/kpg2sQyWuvo

Check out the try by the no 1 from the Capras Munster...he is The new storm backup to billy slater...wow

Also it was interesting last night at the after party I had a chat with Mitch Garbutt and told him the easts tigers lost he was genuinely upset and wanted to know how our storm boys played
The backup to Billy already plays for us....His name is Kurt Mann lol.

Cameron Munster looks promising.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:http://youtu.be/kpg2sQyWuvo

I just watched this game. Another close loss by Easts.

Mahe and Tim both scored awesome tries. Mahe received a pass from Ben after a scrum, burst through the line and ran 75 metres to score. Tim ran 32 metres breaking two or three tackles on the way to the try line.

I thought Ben was a fraction average he made a number of handling errors, particularly in the first half. Lagi Setu made some good runs and made a couple of big hits. Ex-under 20 Ryan Pooley continues to impress scoring two tries.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Kurt Mann played nsw cup yesterday played 5/8 and the sharkies got the win
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Apparently Kurt Mann played nsw cup yesterday played 5/8 and the sharkies got the win
The Sharkies snuck home 18 - 16 v Newtown.
Sharks
Tries: Mills, Peachey, Sopoaga. Goals: Gigot 3 goals

15 wins in a row. A great effort.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good start by Easts Tigers leading Mackay 26 to 6 at half time. Tries to Seve, Fonua, Kauffman, Neumann and Walker. Glasby set up Kauffman's try. Sallymay my account is based on Easts Tigers Twitter, any first hand accounts you want to add?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've had to leave at half time to get to the GC for the training but first half from Tim Glasby and Mahe have been pretty good...Tim has had a hand in at least 2 of the try's including the kauffmans try

Didn't even see Lagi b4 I left and all the try's were on the opposite side to junior sau but he did stop a try
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:I've had to leave at half time to get to the GC for the training but first half from Tim Glasby and Mahe have been pretty good...Tim has had a hand in at least 2 of the try's including the kauffmans try

Didn't even see Lagi b4 I left and all the try's were on the opposite side to junior sau but he did stop a try
Thanks Sallymay. Enjoy training and enjoy tomorrow night.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts 40 Cutters 16. Mahe scored a hat trick. Good win Tigers.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Vulcans leading 12 - 10 at half time.
Watching the Sharks game my half time thoughts on the players .
Junior Moors. - Great offloads and line breaks is a beast don't know he didn't play last night. Goods carries.
Dayne Weston - good hit ups and put in a lot of effort.
Young Tonumaipea - Poor hit ups get dominated easily.
Kirisome Auva'a - Average hit ups. show good hands at stages. Good chasing of kicks.
Siosaia Vave - Couple of good hit ups. Passing from first receiver
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

See it's stupid...the team who played last night was crap...moors and Vaves should've been in it
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Final score Vulcans win 18 - 16.
Second half thoughts.
Junior Moors. - Didn't have the impact of the first half
Dayne Weston - Gave away a couple of stupid penalties
Young T - A couple of good takes of the high ball. Hit ups still lacked.
Kirisome Auva'a - Great pickup for the try.
Siosaia Vave - not sighted in second half
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Auckland Vulcans inflict first loss of 2013 on the Sharks, winning 18-16. Sharks blew it, they had a full set of six, 10 metres out and decided to push the pass.