Ron Gauci

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully that's it then. Thanks Glennb.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Raiders, Cowboys and Panthers have all responded. Manly, Newcastle, Cronulla and Warriors yet to respond. Cowboys I am not surprised by given their issues with match fixing a while back. Newcastle would not surprise me in the slightest given their culture of drug use.

As for Manly, look I hope for their fans sake nothing dodgy happened in 2008 and 2011 but it doesn't mean I won't sit silently in the corner and.knod my head...
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hahahahaha and here's a direct quote from Raiders CEO Don Furner in regards to Billy playing the trial.

''Once again we do the right thing, and I'm not sure the other clubs do.''

The right thing hey Don? Tell me more!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is no love lost between Canberra and Melbourne. A few years back Furner savaged Waldron when he tried to poach Adrian Purtell.

Canberra Raiders: where nepotism is never dead.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Canberra, Cronulla, Manly, Penrith, Newcastle, North Queensland - all confirmed today that they've been contacted. Doesn't tell us a lot I know, but, that's what's out there at the moment
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

David Smith - NRL CEO - To address media at 11am
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmm very interesting to see what comes of all this.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well David Smith just confirmed that he isn't legally allowed to say anything interesting, may as well have released a statement, the press conference was excruciating to watch when nothing was being said.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Some of this is complete bullshit!! I hope they find something instead of it becoming a complete waste of time, money, resources and reputations.

I haven't heard anything about individual NRL players yet, but Trent Croad (AFL) is being slandered all over the press purely for having known association with the Comancheros MC and being linked to the distribution of peptides, a LEGAL substance.
Since when weren't footballers allowed to have bikie mates and conduct legit distribution of legal products?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I like how the new CEO said they can not do anything more at this stage because due process has to run it course. Where was the due process by the NRL in 2010? Twenty mintues is all it took then, when are now a week into this and still nothing of any real substance.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If this administration was looking into us in 2010, we'd still be waiting
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am very, very impressed with Dave Smith so far. He speaks very, very well.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

nothing will come of these drug allergations cos unless they catch the players with the substance in their system then how can they prove who is taking them.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

LESStar58 wrote:I am very, very impressed with Dave Smith so far. He speaks very, very well.
This multiplied by 101%. I think he should be given a bit more of a chance. He could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for all we know.

As for the due process re: 2010. Seriously, people, let it slide! What's done is done & can't/won't be changed so it's time to stop dredging up the past & moving on to a bigger, better & brighter future. No point in beating a dead horse or your head against a wall.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Seems strange that everyone complains that no due process was allowed to take place in 2010. So they sack the then CEO, David Gallop, and appoint the ARLC headed by the new CEO, David Smith.
Now we have people whinging that they are allowing due process to take place.