Interesting article

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 1226536509

I thought that this article was interesting. Looks like our planning over the last couple of years could pay off after all of the trouble. Who do you think we should look at if this pans out?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Links not working :(

Here it is here :) - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 6536509795

Its interesting. Not sure what kind of player we'll be able to pick up if needed. Most players are at clubs already. Although it will be good to have in case someone comes available.

Also shows how much the club has turned around. Haters will still hate but its really good for us loyal fans to see the club heading in the right direction.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Whats everyones thought about the piece about Bellamy - I had a feeling it may have been done and dusted before xmas. I am still hopeful of his re-signing but thought it may have been done sooner.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The bit about Bellamy tacked on to the end of a legitimate article just goes to show how pathetic sports journalism in this country has become.

As for the rest of it. This should've been settled long before now. It seems the ARLC are as much a joke as their predecessor.
Although this outcome will favour the Storm's forward planning, I think it is unfair to announce an increase now after most clubs have already negotiated their lists.
Any cap increase announced now should apply from 2014 onwards.

So what props are currently off contract?
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks blazza . Not sure what happened there. I dont know if he`s still available but I wouldn`t mind seeing Russell Packer in our front row :-D
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:
So what props are currently off contract?
Yea I wanted to know the same thing. Apprently a few clubs with star players have contracts based on percentages. So obviously it will help the star players. And it increases the minimum waged players to $80k I think I read.

Woody wrote:Thanks blazza . Not sure what happened there. I dont know if he`s still available but I wouldn`t mind seeing Russell Packer in our front row :-D

All good mate. Would love Packer in out forward pack but I doubt he's available. Same with Elijah Taylor :(
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Having Bellamy is the biggest influence on players coming to Melbourne so its critical he gets locked in.Top of my wish list would have to be Matt Scott who is off contract soon. He's just hitting his peak now and will ne better than Lazarus and Webcke combined before his career is over.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea I dream for us to get a big quaility front rower. But Matt Scott will be way to pricey for us. Josh McGuire would of been good to steal from Brisbane.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:Yea I dream for us to get a big quaility front rower. But Matt Scott will be way to pricey for us. Josh McGuire would of been good to steal from Brisbane.
That was the whole point of the article. We have the room in our cap to buy a big name like Matt Scott.
He would be awesome for us, and we'd be awesome for him. He could learn from the masters in Bellamy & Smith, and win a premiership, or couple of, to top it off.
staticash
Squall
Squall

Would of loved to see us get Tamou shame he resigned.
S.W.A.S
storm77
Squall
Squall

Actually am I the only one concerned that Craig is leaving. I have always been of the belief that it would be really easy to keep him if he wanted to stay. The fact that money is unlikely to be an issue as it isn't like we are going to offer him less then a million a year, I do not see what the hold up is.
Sure there might be a massive offer out there but if that's the case then why not just accept it so we can sign David long term and everyone can just start moving forward.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

All I want for Christmas is to hear that Craig Bellamy has signed with Storm.
Merry Christmas to all the BAISTANDERS. Hope you have a great Christmas and a Happy and Safe New year..And may next season be as exciting as season 2012.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storm77 wrote:Actually am I the only one concerned that Craig is leaving. I have always been of the belief that it would be really easy to keep him if he wanted to stay. The fact that money is unlikely to be an issue as it isn't like we are going to offer him less then a million a year, I do not see what the hold up is.
Sure there might be a massive offer out there but if that's the case then why not just accept it so we can sign David long term and everyone can just start moving forward.
No you are not the only one, I am really getting worried now, Bellamy himself said he would like to have this settled before xmas, and yet it still drags on, I know it isn't xmas yet, but the fact that he is still talking to other clubs alarms me, I just wish he would sign and get it over with...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY BODY
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think we should all stop worrying about Bellamy re-signing. He has a full season remaining on his contract and I doubt anything will be settled before Xmas this year.
At the end of the day he needs to get the best deal he can for him. And we are talking about the best strategist the game has known. Rest assured he will be negotiating with other clubs so as to settle with the best deal he can from our club

Merry Xmas everyone
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not to worried about Craig's future just yet. If he decides his time is up here and he can't go on then I wish him well. But I fully believe he would never want to coach against Coops,Cam,Bill and Hoff so I don't think he is going anywhere until they've retired. I fully expect a plan will be put in process once its known he is moving on.