Golden Boot

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
buza_storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just Confirmed Kevin Sinfield is the winner of the golden boot. How Cam did not win is beyond me!!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Must be his 'stunning' international record

Or mayhaps it's the lack of Golden Boots up North in recent years
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Backed up by a large dose of advanced pocket pissing from the RLW media ::)
"The British game can and does still produce individuals of world-class ability," Rugby League World editor John Drake told the Press Association.

"Kevin Sinfield is one such player and it is right that his towering achievements in 2012 should be recognised with the Golden Boot."

Martyn Sadler, chairman of League Publications Ltd, added: "In the grand final, Sinfield kicked five out of five, from all over the pitch, and that after he had been knocked out earlier by a challenge to the head.

"What he did in that game goes beyond what could reasonably be expected, even of a Golden Boot winner.

"Twice injured with brutal clashes that epitomise the sport, he simply shrugged off those knocks, got up and got on with his own game, setting an example for his colleagues to follow."
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So being the captain of his NRL team his state team and his country wasn't enough

Or even cooper kicking in the GF...OMG this has made me angry
buza_storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

It's funny how a pommy wins just before a RLWC that's being played in England, nice way to promote it i suppose!!!
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

It shouldn't be a surprise. Why would anyone really take this award serious anyway? It's been a farce for a while. Until any English player can cut it in the NRL it shouldn't matter. People getting angry or surprised obv don't live in the real world...

I'm sure Cameron & Cooper couldn't care less. They won on 3 levels in '12 & I'm sure that's all they care about...
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a load of shit!! Our boys overlooked again!! Who won the NRL GF? Who won SoO? Who won Tests against World Cup champions?

I hope our boys completely own this bloke in the upcominh WCC match

Smith should've won it by a landslide!!!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:What a load of shit!! Our boys overlooked again!! Who won the NRL GF? Who won SoO? Who won Tests against World Cup champions?

I hope our boys completely own this bloke in the upcominh WCC match

Smith should've won it by a landslide!!!
Go Storm, I agree totally. Sinfield was lucky that Enlgand didn't play v NZ or Aus in 2012. Leeds did win the WCC in 2012.

In my opinion the only aspect of the game that Sinfield is better than Smith is his goalkicking.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can`t believe Cammy didn`t win it. Cammy was RLIF Player of the Year and sinfield didn`t even make the team.If they gave it to him cos he had a good career then Cammy has it all over him in that too.
If any english super league team had a choice between Cammy and sinfield they would take Cammy EVERY TIME.
I am not happy that CAMMY GOT ROBBED. :x
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

C'mon guys. Sinfield got knocked out and then went on to kick 5/5 in the grand final. Worthy winner. :P
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just because he can kick straight when he can't see straight? Not much of an argument, I hope there was a better reason than that!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Martyn Sadler, chairman of League Publications Ltd, said: "In the Grand Final Sinfield kicked five out of five, from all over the pitch, and that after he had been knocked out earlier by a challenge to the head.

"What he did in that game goes beyond what could reasonably be expected, even of a Golden Boot winner. Twice injured with brutal clashes that epitomise the sport, he simply shrugged off those knocks, got up and got on with his own game, setting an example for his colleagues to follow.

The Poms reasoning behind the decision is hilarious. :lol:
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:
Martyn Sadler, chairman of League Publications Ltd, said: "In the Grand Final Sinfield kicked five out of five, from all over the pitch, and that after he had been knocked out earlier by a challenge to the head.

"What he did in that game goes beyond what could reasonably be expected, even of a Golden Boot winner. Twice injured with brutal clashes that epitomise the sport, he simply shrugged off those knocks, got up and got on with his own game, setting an example for his colleagues to follow.

The Poms reasoning behind the decision is hilarious. :lol:
Two decent games next season will almost certainly mean back to back golden boots. A third game will ensure immortal status!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Quick show of hands....who here has had an opportunity to watch Sinfield play week in and week out in Super League?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I watch him play when I can. Brilliant captain/leader. Excellent goal kicker.

But Smith > Sinfield.