Storm HOF

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm77
Squall
Squall

So who would you put in a Storm HOF.
Based on retired players this would be my list:
Marcus Bai
Scott Hill
Robbie Kearns
Stephen Kearney
Matt Geyer
David Kidwell

Possibles:
Danny Williams: 146 games/ 24 tries which the second most by a forward (non-hooker) behind Ryan.
Richard Swain: 132 games and played just about all of his international games while with us.
Robbie Ross: Only 89 games but has the tenth most tries in storm history to this point.
Steven Bell: 107 games/ currently sits 5th for tries and 8th for points. Problem is he won a premiership for manly and, well, he played for manly.
Matt Orford: 120 games/ 2nd most points ever. Of curse there is also the manly issue.

Future givens: BS, CC, CS, Hoff, GI, DJ
Possibles: Turner, King, White, Hinchcliffe, Proctor, Chambers (29T in 60 games).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brett Kimmorley too I would think and maybe Lazarus and Chris Anderson as captain and coach of our first flag.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tawera Nikau

End thread.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Lazarus

As a special selection for helping to establish the team I would agree.

Brett Kimmorley

I disagree. I get that he won his only premiership with us but he only played 79 of his 307 game with us.

Tawera Nikau

I get that we all love him but still he only played 53 games for us.

For me I think you have to play at least 50 game for us to be considered a legit legend of the club however I think you have to do something special under those circumstances. Granted all of this is hypothetical right now but still how does someone who has played 50 or so games get mentioned in the same breath with those have played 100 or 150 or 200 plus.

As for Anderson he is an interesting one. On one hand he won a premiership and finished with a 60% win record. On the other hand he is so associated with Canterbury.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

@ Storm77 On that 1st part of your list, Kidwell is the one I'd omit. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what he did for the club, jus think the other guys did more...

On the 2nd part of your list, I'd omit Williams, Bell & possibly Orford. Swain & Ross are both no-brainers though.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

IMO a proper HOF should reflect the man's contributions and value to the club both as a player and coach/leader/mentor. And there should not ever be a minimum number of games played required to be recognized for such an accolade.
Just because an average player plays heaps of games does not make him more valuable than a brilliant player who only had a short stint with us.

KIDWELL for player and coaching attributes

CROCKER, only played for a couple of years but was pivotal in our success over that time.

KIMMORLEY. His time at the Storm was invaluable in creating the powerhouse we have today. A must!!!

NIKAU. His tackle busting, bone rattling runs can still be heard resonating from the site that once was Olympic Park. And his mentoring before some big games has been just as effective. The way he has continued after such adversity in his life should be an inspiration to all Storm players and fans. A must!!!

SWAIN. Although grossly undervalued by all non-Storm people, Richie was the world's best hooker before Cam Smith was invented

JOHNSON. DJ is a fully armoured battle tank camouflaged inside a stock standard Toyota Camry. He is a game winner, and a must have!!

GEYER. Not part of the furniture at Storm, he is the furniture. How can it be a HOF without the man who's had a go at playing just about every position on the field. Boofa's blood is the purest of purple

KEARNS. Robbie's name is an anagram for STORM. Top of the list for his efforts on and off field

KEARNEY. Another true legend of the Storm family

SMITH. Surely the entry to the hall would be shaped to resemble this man's figure. God

CRONK. Outstanding leader and champion halfback. Legend

SLATER. No comment required

HOFFMAN. Mr reliable and Mr loyal. Took a bullet for the club by going to Wigan for a year and has come back with a point to prove. His best is yet to be seen I reckon

It would depend upon how many names we'd like to start a HOF with. But a couple of others who're extremely close to my HOF are
Ross
Hill
Inglis
Lazarus
Bai
Turner
Chambers

And heaps of others
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Awesome the whole team is in the HOF LOL

I think the only players to be considered ARE RETIRED players! so

Kearney
Kimmorley
Geyer
Bai
Nikau
Lazurus
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Pardon my ignorance but is this a hypothetical HOF or are the Storm actually creating a HOF?
I hope it's the latter with the pomp and ceremony like the WWE or NFL HOF.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Freshy wrote:Tawera Nikau

End thread.
AMEN!
storm77
Squall
Squall

Kidwell is the one I'd omit. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what he did for the club, jus think the other guys did more...

103 games, 18 tries which equal fifth most amongst forwards (no counting hookers) plus he is now a premiership winning assistant coach. He is now a lock for me.

Swain & Ross are both no-brainers though.

Swain I agree. Ross is one of the great debatables. On one hand he was a really good player who we all remember vividly. On the other hand he only played 89 games (29th) and scored 53 tries (10th) which for a team that is just 15yo isn't great. To me he is the line in the sand. If I think you had a better career for us then Ross then your in otherwise you are out.

I'd omit Williams, Bell & possibly Orford.

I would actually vote Williams in. 146 games is a lot and everyone who has played more will be in as would the three guys beneath him (Bai, Kearney, Swain). Also the 24 tries.
I wouldn't vote for Bell.
Orford is interesting. Seriously he scored the second most points in franchise histroy to this point and it is going to be a long time until someone passe him. As much as I hate saying it, I actually think that I would vote for him.

But a couple of others who're extremely close to my HOF are
Hill : Has to be in
Inglis: Massive impact
Lazarus: Arguable but I would vote for him because of his historical significance
Bai: He is a given. He was the Billy of his time

KIMMORLEY.
He only played 79 of his 103 games for us. I get that he won a premiership with us and he is certainly debatable but for me he is a no.

CROCKER,
Debatable and I am not sure how I would vote.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I know he's not a player but surley nobody has done more for this club then Mr C Bellamy!!
storm77
Squall
Squall

Absolutely. He not only gets in but he get's a statue at the front entrance of the stadium.