NYC 2013

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hopefully a win tomorrow against the knights. But I'm more and more looking forward to next year. Here is another video of Nelson Asofa-Solomona from the final of the Wellington Schools rugby final. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJbnERz1JA
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Finally a win and against a team we should have beat. I think we should make the finals we have the easiest draw of the teams we are competing with for final spot but that hasn't helped us lately losing to a lot of teams below us. Good to see Solomona back from injury.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He scored a double too. McGahan got his 400th NYC point today with his third conversion to go to 401.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Matt Lodge to surely play first grade next season. Or is he young enough for another U20 season?

Solomona out of contract, do we keep him?
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote:Matt Lodge to surely play first grade next season. Or is he young enough for another U20 season?

Solomona out of contract, do we keep him?
Lodge is still 17 turning 18 so a couple years left in NYC.

Solomona is signed until the end of next year.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Petterson-Robati must surely be upgraded to fg too.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

IMO PPR will spend another year at least in the NYC and maybe Lodge as well before they are upgraded. Whilst both can dominate the NYC their still too raw to muscle up against harden NRL forwards next season. It's not advantageous having them take up a first grade spot when their physically not ready, if we're hit with injuries we need proven performers. However in saying that I think Lodge is better prepared then PPR so he may sneak in.

I think Billy Brittain will be upgraded, he's got superb utility value written all over him.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lodge only came to us because we gave him a two year deal, first year on a 20s contract, the second on a first grade contract. I think he is physically ready and I think the NSW Cup game he played proved that.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fizer wrote:Lodge only came to us because we gave him a two year deal, first year on a 20s contract, the second on a first grade contract. I think he is physically ready and I think the NSW Cup game he played proved that.
Your right about the deal. Forgot that. In that case I think we'll see Brittain and Lodge promoted.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fizer wrote:Hopefully a win tomorrow against the knights. But I'm more and more looking forward to next year. Here is another video of Nelson Asofa-Solomona from the final of the Wellington Schools rugby final. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJbnERz1JA
Hopefully we have some decent halves a 9 to make good use of him.

What have you thought of the coach this year fizer and his style.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Going to be unfair next year if lodge plays NYC( and he should for most of the year IMO) and go forward he wilk provide with NAS.

Also NAS and PPR played in the same junior league team in NZ, they should have a good combo going.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Michael :P wrote:
Fizer wrote:Hopefully a win tomorrow against the knights. But I'm more and more looking forward to next year. Here is another video of Nelson Asofa-Solomona from the final of the Wellington Schools rugby final. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJbnERz1JA
Hopefully we have some decent halves a 9 to make good use of him.

What have you thought of the coach this year fizer and his style.
I think he's been average. He coaches like Dean Pay did which isn't a good thing it's okay to be good on d but we struggle to score points and we have a gun player in Kennar and I don't think I have seen backline moves run for him, I also think he has stuck with some players who haven't played good this year or promoted more of the SG Ball who will offer more.

Our hookers in U20 have been mostly average players but we need a hooker who controls the flow and we haven't seen it this season, it a position we haven't recruited well in. Hopefully we will play Munster at Fullback next year not in the halves.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is a coaches members thing on sept 4...should ask about lodge and Britten being promoted
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Another terrible loss against a team we should beat, but we will name the same team again :evil: :x . We should beat Manly this week we beat them in round 10, 30 -10.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Congrats to Matthew Lodge named in NYC Team of the year. Joining 2009 members: Jesse Bromwich, Gareth Widdop, 2011: Mahe Fonua, Kenneath Bromwich.

1. Jack Ahearn - Raiders
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - Panthers
3. Hymel Hunt - Titans
4. Charly Runciman - Dragons
5. Jonathon Reuben - Raiders
6. Samisoni Langi - Roosters
7. Luke Brooks - Tigers
8. Matthew Lodge - Storm
9. Michael Lichaa - Sharks
10. Jake Trbojevic - Sea Eagles
11. Bryce Cartwright - Panthers
12. Corey Oates - Broncos
13. John Asiata - Roosters
14. Mitchell Cornish - Raiders
15. Reagan Campbell-Gillard - Panthers
16. David Bhana - Warriors
17. Cameron McInnes - Souths

http://www.nrl.com/2013-holden-cup-team ... fault.aspx

Also good to see next years signing Hymel Hunt make it.