New home and away jersey for 2013

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nine I think. Don't hold me to that though :)

The problem with the Canterbury Aussie jersey is the chevrons aren't up to the shoulders. A big miss for me to. not a fan.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:That new jersey is a DISGRACE! The ARLC have ruined the best looking jersey in the history of sport. Disgusting that they do away with 100+ years of history and 70 odd years of the Roos wearing the green and gold, the first Australian sports team to do so. *lima lima lima duck* John Grant! It's bad enough that we have been sponsored by that cats piss for 5 years that jersey just devalues the national side.
I'm sorry, but I think that might be a bit of an overreaction. I had a look at my 2012 Maroons Canterbury jersey to get an idea where the gold Vs will sit on the jersey - they'll still take up pretty much the entire chest. I remember Canterbury's new Bulldogs jersey looked pretty terrible when shown as a sketch (in the same style as the Kangaroos jersey here). Once a player was shown wearing it, it looked great. Also, I'm sure the change in the angle of the Vs is so the design will match the new NRL and Kangaroos logos - and to be honest, if they were different that would annoy me more. The collar? Well, it's probably better for the players - and I kinda like it, anyway. I'm sure Canterbury will put out a "classic" version with a collar like they do for the Maroons. The sponsor? Well, it is what it is. I don't drink and I don't care for alcohol in general - but whatever. It's an iconic Australian brand that fits the target audience.

I'll be buying one for sure. The Classic jerseys don't fit me properly so it will be nice to have one I can actually wear.

From that blurry image, it looks like the WCC jersey will be better than our standard away jersey. Go figure.
The ARLC have effectively sold out the history of the Kangaroos jersey for a better apparel sponsorship deal from Canterbury. The only way the jersey could look worse is if it had the CCC teardrop.

The chevrons have gone over the shoulder of the Kangaroos jersey since Adam was a boy. And the collar disappearing completely? I know clubs don't have collars any more buy let's at least hang on to SOME of our heritage as a sport.

I will stick with my Fourex sponsored 1994 jersey.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here's the WCC jersey. I like it better than the standard away jersey.

ImageImage

Interesting to see that it's got the BLK branding on it instead of KooGa.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Should be our away jersey tbh. The Crown logo I still hate but its way better.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Who's got two thumbs up and impress with the WCC jersey? Me!

I agree this should be our away jersey instead.

I notice the Rebels gear have also been supplied by BLK. Is KooGa/ BLK's strategy similar to Toyota/ Lexus, Jetstar/ QANTAS, Nissan/ Infiniti? Everyday vs Posh branding?
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Someone on facebook just explained BLK is the International brand for KooGa.
I guess that explains why the Rebels and NZ Kiwis have the BLK label.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

MENACING*STORM wrote:Someone on facebook just explained BLK is the International brand for KooGa.
I guess that explains why the Rebels and NZ Kiwis have the BLK label.
The Brumbies are with BLK now, too. The Reds and the Western Force are both still with KooGa - so basically, who knows what KooGa wants to do with BLK. You would think if KooGa wants to grow their brand internationally they'd stick with one name instead of diluting things by introducing another label. Maybe it has something to do with the UK version of KooGa (different logo and different ownership apparently) and not wanting to step on their toes.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am happy to have the Crown logo on the jersey as long as they are genorously sponsoring us.They come on board when we really needed a Major sponsor. The only club in Victoria to be sponsored by Crown.Oh and I love the WCC jersey.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:I am happy to have the Crown logo on the jersey as long as they are genorously sponsoring us.They come on board when we really needed a Major sponsor. The only club in Victoria to be sponsored by Crown.Oh and I love the WCC jersey.
This.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Here's the WCC jersey. I like it better than the standard away jersey.

ImageImage

Interesting to see that it's got the BLK branding on it instead of KooGa.
What logo will they have, I wonder. Hopefully the WCC one.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
stormy wrote:I am happy to have the Crown logo on the jersey as long as they are genorously sponsoring us.They come on board when we really needed a Major sponsor. The only club in Victoria to be sponsored by Crown.Oh and I love the WCC jersey.
This.

I don't think anyone is denying that. I just feel they could of done a better effort integrating it onto the away jersey.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also agree wholeheartedly. While we'd all love an integrated logo which thankfully we have on the home jersey this year, when our major sponsor is stumping up millions over the term of their contract i think they should be able to display their brand any way they want to.

It might not be the most pleasing on the eye sometimes but if it means we have a major and massively recognizable sponsor like Crown as opposed to a smaller one then i'd take the former every day of the week.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The OTT pricing of our supporter gear is what has stopped me from buying.
Whenever I look at jerseys made by the same company for ESL teams I get angry
At the 'non sale' price a Kooga top is around 45 GBP - HELLO !! That's around $A70 :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just pre-ordered my world club challenge jersey.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Looks a little strange having piping on the sleeves with that particular cut of jersey. I figured they would have printed the white lines on. They look good - hard to get a proper look with the way they're sitting in these photos, though. I actually don't mind the white one. I just wonder what the players version of these jerseys will look like. Hopefully it'll be more or less identical to the retail version - I want to wear the same thing as the players, not something that kinda sorta looks the same.

Since we have a few players that play for Australia, here's a look at the new jersey for 2013. The Kangaroos are moving from Classic to Canterbury so I'm really looking forward to the supporter gear. I have a Maroons hoodie by Canterbury and it's one of my favourites.

Holden apparently the new Kangaroos sponsor for next year. They also have naming rights to state of origin taking over from Harvey Norman