Storm Club Records

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Barring injuries and suspensions, by the end of next season, every major club record except Most Tries (Most Games, Most Games as Captain, Most Wins, Most Goals, Most Points, Most Player of the Year Awards and will be close to Most Finals) could be held by Cameron Smith. He already holds the record for Most Games as Captain (136), Most Wins (168), Most Goals (600) and Most Points (1332) and Most Player of the Year Awards (5). He is currently sitting 24 Games behind Matt Geyer (262). If he doesn't get there next year then he will the year after. He is no chance of overtaking Slater for Most Tries (140), he is one game behind Geyer (24) and Slater (23) for Most Finals and Cooper Cronk has the Most Field Goals (8) which is the only other scoring or games record I can think of. Amazing dominance when you think of some of the players we've had.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LEGEND we are very lucky to have him at our club
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:LEGEND we are very lucky to have him at our club
It has been an honour and priviledge to see Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk play their football careers...especially with Melbourne Storm.

We should all really reflect on how lucky we have been to experience "once in a generation" players like Cam and Billy every 2nd week in Melbourne right before our eyes.

Words will never be able to do their careers justice once they retire.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

After Cameron Smith retires, there needs to be a statue of him outside AAMI Park. A giant, gold statue covered in jewels.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

premiership wrote:
absentee wrote:After Cameron Smith retires, there needs to be a statue of him outside AAMI Park. A giant, gold statue covered in jewels.
Sounds a bit gay
You'd know all about that, wouldn't you?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jewels are a bit over the top. But a brass statue of Cam Smith outside AAMI Park is a must
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:Jewels are a bit over the top. But a brass statue of Cam Smith outside AAMI Park is a must
Nothing's too good for a player like Cameron Smith.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really do enjoy trolls.

Cam, Cooper and Billy will for sure get statues. Maybe one together.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I would like to see Crown Towers have a picture of Cameron Smith draped down on the side of the building, like they do in Tokyo or Seoul. Nothing to over the top, just a subtle reminder that King Cam rules in Melbourne :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brass statues with golden boots
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Im sure he'll get a statue, as will the other two (Billy & Cooper). I have always been a massive Smith fan. He's the 3rd best footballer I've seen, only surpassed by 'King' Wally Lewis & Andrew 'Joey' Johns...
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Cammy is the BEST player I`ve seen play.
I wouldn`t even rate druggy johns.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:I think Cammy is the BEST player I`ve seen play.
I wouldn`t even rate druggy johns.
Yea cause that's far. Cam is the 2nd best player to play out great game behind Joey for the last 30 years.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the club needs to milk this "BIG 3" hype and turn it into a brand if you know what I mean.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote:I think the club needs to milk this "BIG 3" hype and turn it into a brand if you know what I mean.
I'm pretty sure the players, and the club, hate this expression.
The Melbourne Storm work really hard, and pride themselves on being a team. It was the Big-30 squad, not the Big-3 players, who won the 2012 premiership.