It's started!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hayesee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I don't know how to post links to articles from the paper but SMH and a few others are already filling up with stories about how Storm have cheated and should have been kicked out. So far my fav is from Knox about a place called Stormland.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I haven`t read anywhere or heard that the dogs cheated the cap.WHY? I think that Wanker Smith,Gray Hadlee,Nose Daley and Dinosaur Warren should just all move on and concentrate on Storm`s skill.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Apologies Hayesee, I didn`t see your post. I`ve linked the Stormland article in the topic on the grand final :-D
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormland - You REALLY should have researched the name first Mr Knox :twisted:
Allow me to expand it for you................................
Stormland - Yes it is a 'fantasy realm' but you may have been here already ? This line appears to project your feelings about the place.
Bastards born in the Stormlands are given the surname Storm.
But wait !! Stormland is also a very erm ? interesting movie :oops:
Then Stormland is a net site - the cyber home of Justin Pierott,an audio engineer.
And last but by no means least Stormland is the title of a music EP.
Not sure if the music is to your taste :? but I really do like the track titles :twisted:
I wonder if they'll be prophetic ?

Hope y'all enjoy this small expansion on the name S T O R M L A N D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Just stick to the Melbourne papers, plenty of love there, we even got a double page spread this morning!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Oh, we're from Stormland - a fighting fury, we're from Stormland...
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

We're a happy team at Stormland!!
We're the mighty fighting Storm!!
We love our club and we play to win
Riding the bumps with a grin
At Stormland!!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"We ought, as a Team and as a Club, to weather any storm at least as well as any other existing Club within the National Rugby League competition. It may well be that the most glorious chapters in our history are yet to be written. Indeed, the very problems and dangers that encompass us and our Club ought to make Stormland men and women of this generation glad to be here at such a time. We ought to rejoice at the responsibilities with which destiny has honored us, and be proud that we are guardians of Stormland in an age when her life is at stake".
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

However shocking the events of 2010 were (and forever will be) I am still so proud of Craig and the boys. The image of the team's show of unity at that first training session at Visy Park will be enshrined in my memory forever.

I feel honored and fortunate to have been able to attend that Anzac Day clash at Ethad in 2010

I feel so fortunate to have been around to see the birth of this great club, to have attended some of its first games in existence, and shitloads to follow. To have followed them and watched them at 3 separate home venues, as well as a couple of interstate trips.

I stayed staunch with about 5-6000 other diehards on those freezing cold nights at The Graveyard and Colonial Stadium, even during 'the muppet years'

I've endured feeling like a leper when requesting a Victorian publican to put 'that bum sniffing game' on their telly. And sat there with no volume looking at a tiny screen while every AFL supporter says "what're you watching that shit for?". Or huddling around a little tv at a golf driving range in Keysborough to catch an Imparja tv feed.

I feel honoured to know that I have actively contributed to applying pressure to the NRL, Vic govt, Herald Sun and ch9 to begin to give us the recognition we deserve in this State.

I am extremely proud to have been there to boo David Gallop off stage at 'our house' and to have my image used by FoxSports as an example of one of Gallop's "terrorists"

I am so proud to be from Stormland and so glad my daughter (5) loves our club as much as her Dad.

I was at Gosches Paddock in 1999 to see our first, and screamed at a tv just as loudly at our 2nd & 3rd, felt the pain of being robbed in 2006, and defeat in 2008.

This, our 4th grand final victory will be awesome!!!!!

This great club of ours has more history in it's brief existence than most others, and it's supporters have more passion than any other. 80% of our crowds on a weekly basis are the same heads week in, week out. they are not curious drop ins, opposition supporters or bandwagon jumpers. probably 80% of our regular crowds are members, they are not fair-weather supporters and we are not a fair-weather club.
This club has been built on a winning culture, this culture is our foundation. We will see some less successful years in our future, but that culture will always be there. It is engrained in the metalwork supporting the place, and the grass in the players boots. It has been sweated into the gym equipment and barked onto the dressing room walls. The Storm are here to stay, and so are the fans- come rain, hail or shine. Night or day, win or lose!!! We are the Storm and we're number 1
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well said Go Storm, I agree with everything you said.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:However shocking the events of 2010 were (and forever will be) I am still so proud of Craig and the boys. The image of the team's show of unity at that first training session at Visy Park will be enshrined in my memory forever.

I feel honored and fortunate to have been able to attend that Anzac Day clash at Ethad in 2010

I feel so fortunate to have been around to see the birth of this great club, to have attended some of its first games in existence, and shitloads to follow. To have followed them and watched them at 3 separate home venues, as well as a couple of interstate trips.

I stayed staunch with about 5-6000 other diehards on those freezing cold nights at The Graveyard and Colonial Stadium, even during 'the muppet years'

I've endured feeling like a leper when requesting a Victorian publican to put 'that bum sniffing game' on their telly. And sat there with no volume looking at a tiny screen while every AFL supporter says "what're you watching that shit for?". Or huddling around a little tv at a golf driving range in Keysborough to catch an Imparja tv feed.

I feel honoured to know that I have actively contributed to applying pressure to the NRL, Vic govt, Herald Sun and ch9 to begin to give us the recognition we deserve in this State.

I am extremely proud to have been there to boo David Gallop off stage at 'our house' and to have my image used by FoxSports as an example of one of Gallop's "terrorists"

I am so proud to be from Stormland and so glad my daughter (5) loves our club as much as her Dad.

I was at Gosches Paddock in 1999 to see our first, and screamed at a tv just as loudly at our 2nd & 3rd, felt the pain of being robbed in 2006, and defeat in 2008.

This, our 4th grand final victory will be awesome!!!!!

This great club of ours has more history in it's brief existence than most others, and it's supporters have more passion than any other. 80% of our crowds on a weekly basis are the same heads week in, week out. they are not curious drop ins, opposition supporters or bandwagon jumpers. probably 80% of our regular crowds are members, they are not fair-weather supporters and we are not a fair-weather club.
This club has been built on a winning culture, this culture is our foundation. We will see some less successful years in our future, but that culture will always be there. It is engrained in the metalwork supporting the place, and the grass in the players boots. It has been sweated into the gym equipment and barked onto the dressing room walls. The Storm are here to stay, and so are the fans- come rain, hail or shine. Night or day, win or lose!!! We are the Storm and we're number 1
You took the words out of my mouth.I feel exactly the same way.I loved Olympic Park and the friends I made there.The players made themselves available to talk to us on game day.Love the marches from Fed Square to the game..Awesome.Already signed up as a member for 2013.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well said Go (STORMLAND) Storm. Couldn't have said it better. Well be there with bells on at the GF along with a lot of other proud supporters
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Some of the many :twisted:
“Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.”
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

We have done well 8)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love what u wrote and feel the same way but the first training session after it all happened was at Aami not visy?..there was so much passion that day and I've made hundreds of friends that I properly wouldn't have orherwise
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks Sally. I wasn't there, but the footage is inspiring