It's started!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

that knox article was absolute garbage.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Go Storm wrote:Thanks Sally. I wasn't there, but the footage is inspiring
Inspiring? It was spine chilling being there. The steadfast, grim faced, shoulders together walk across the ground accompanied by the chant of Melbourne from the crowd with barely a dry eye from those gathered together in solidarity and support of the team we all love as well as for each other as members of the Storm Family.

The cheating, the penalties, the gibes, nothing, none of that could do nor never will erase that moment of togetherness I felt that day with the team and my fellow supporters. I feel for those that couldn't be there as we mourned what was and wondered what would become of what we'd had. One thing that day proved was that the Storm would survive. And we have.

2012 isn't about redemption, it isn't about winning back our lost premierships. It is about the continuation of the greatness that we have all shared in this past decade. And hopefully it will be about the next step of our development with our first born and bred Victorian player. A sign of things to come when down the track we will have a team of predominantly born and bred Victorians pulling on the purple jersey for us to cheer and celebrate.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:It is about the continuation of the greatness that we have all shared in this past decade.
Just to clarify, this comment is not intended to disrespect what happened before 2003. The decade comment related to the coming of Bellamy, Smith (yes I know he debuted in 2002), Slater & Cronk. 2003 for me was the beginning of something new.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:
Go Storm wrote:Thanks Sally. I wasn't there, but the footage is inspiring
Inspiring? It was spine chilling being there. The steadfast, grim faced, shoulders together walk across the ground accompanied by the chant of Melbourne from the crowd with barely a dry eye from those gathered together in solidarity and support of the team we all love as well as for each other as members of the Storm Family.

The cheating, the penalties, the gibes, nothing, none of that could do nor never will erase that moment of togetherness I felt that day with the team and my fellow supporters. I feel for those that couldn't be there as we mourned what was and wondered what would become of what we'd had. One thing that day proved was that the Storm would survive. And we have.

2012 isn't about redemption, it isn't about winning back our lost premierships. It is about the continuation of the greatness that we have all shared in this past decade. And hopefully it will be about the next step of our development with our first born and bred Victorian player. A sign of things to come when down the track we will have a team of predominantly born and bred Victorians pulling on the purple jersey for us to cheer and celebrate.
Where's the 'like' button when you need it? Great post.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

All is well in Stormland
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Go Storm wrote:However shocking the events of 2010 were (and forever will be) I am still so proud of Craig and the boys. The image of the team's show of unity at that first training session at Visy Park will be enshrined in my memory forever.

I feel honored and fortunate to have been able to attend that Anzac Day clash at Ethad in 2010

I feel so fortunate to have been around to see the birth of this great club, to have attended some of its first games in existence, and shitloads to follow. To have followed them and watched them at 3 separate home venues, as well as a couple of interstate trips.

I stayed staunch with about 5-6000 other diehards on those freezing cold nights at The Graveyard and Colonial Stadium, even during 'the muppet years'

I've endured feeling like a leper when requesting a Victorian publican to put 'that bum sniffing game' on their telly. And sat there with no volume looking at a tiny screen while every AFL supporter says "what're you watching that shit for?". Or huddling around a little tv at a golf driving range in Keysborough to catch an Imparja tv feed.

I feel honoured to know that I have actively contributed to applying pressure to the NRL, Vic govt, Herald Sun and ch9 to begin to give us the recognition we deserve in this State.

I am extremely proud to have been there to boo David Gallop off stage at 'our house' and to have my image used by FoxSports as an example of one of Gallop's "terrorists"

I am so proud to be from Stormland and so glad my daughter (5) loves our club as much as her Dad.

I was at Gosches Paddock in 1999 to see our first, and screamed at a tv just as loudly at our 2nd & 3rd, felt the pain of being robbed in 2006, and defeat in 2008.

This, our 4th grand final victory will be awesome!!!!!

This great club of ours has more history in it's brief existence than most others, and it's supporters have more passion than any other. 80% of our crowds on a weekly basis are the same heads week in, week out. they are not curious drop ins, opposition supporters or bandwagon jumpers. probably 80% of our regular crowds are members, they are not fair-weather supporters and we are not a fair-weather club.
This club has been built on a winning culture, this culture is our foundation. We will see some less successful years in our future, but that culture will always be there. It is engrained in the metalwork supporting the place, and the grass in the players boots. It has been sweated into the gym equipment and barked onto the dressing room walls. The Storm are here to stay, and so are the fans- come rain, hail or shine. Night or day, win or lose!!! We are the Storm and we're number 1
Hurry up Sunday already!!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

YES ! It's going to be a Looooooooooooooooooooong week :(
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Even more the reason to soak it in and get involved! Already dressed up the house (despite neighbours saying that purple isn't Hawthorn's colour ::) ) and will be parading purple when I travel up to sydney later in the week!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

My favourite bit is Cameron Smith being worth 41 points lol
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I read an article yesterday, haven't got link, in which it mentions Aiden Tolman knowing the feeling of GF victory, however the Storm players merely had finals experience, but were yet to actually win one.
Weren't they playing in the same team? Yet only Tolman knows the feeling of victory?

I'll try to find the link
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Media..NRL contradict themselves in every story when its to do with us and the grand finals we have won. If they want to write a story of how "bad" we are they bring up the stripped titles. When they want to talk up a team or player its "premiership player".

Happened recently when GI was all the talk.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think the media need to learn a few more words about storm! it was 2 years ago. the new squad have proved it was through hard training, great coach, good game plans and team work that got the success! in 2 seasons we have got the MP and a GF appearance

SO MEDIA IF YOU ARE READING THIS, GET OVER THE PAST SALARY CAP B/S AND START WRITING ABOUT THE PRESENT!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:i think the media need to learn a few more words about storm! it was 2 years ago. the new squad have proved it was through hard training, great coach, good game plans and team work that got the success! in 2 seasons we have got the MP and a GF appearance

SO MEDIA IF YOU ARE READING THIS, GET OVER THE PAST SALARY CAP B/S AND START WRITING ABOUT THE PRESENT!
You're wasting your breath champ.

Never has a professional sport had such unprofessional media coverage. The usual League "journalists" (and the term is used extremely loosely) are an embarrassment to the game, their companies and themselves. The number of "nothing" stories produced daily, almost guaranteed to be littered with personal bias/commentary, is astounding.

It really paints the game in a poor light. The Sydney media, particularly the Telegraph, is the worst of the bunch. Every story has a NSW-flavour/influence and an agenda is always being pushed.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cherry_Poppins wrote:My favourite bit is Cameron Smith being worth 41 points lol
My favourite is the entire Manly team being worth 12 points HAHAHAHA

Hey buddy what happen to Taufua? thought he was gonna run all over our backline? he ran 230metres last week as well..pity it was 230 metres without the ball!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

GI,Taufua??? They went MIA against the BIG BOYS.Next up baabaa. :lol: