2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

jstephens wrote:Graham, Tolman and Kasiano are three great props, however they lack other power off the bench, an area we have been excellent in the past few weeks. Hoffman will run circles around Pritchard!
Following their qualifying final demolition of South Sydney a fortnight ago, Craig Bellamy's men put the cleaners through a lacklustre Manly to win 40-12 on Friday night.

So dominant were Melbourne, Pritchard switched his TV off at halftime.

"(They were) devastating," he said.

"It wasn't the game that we thought was going to happen. We thought it was going to be a bit of a grudge match but they're too strong."
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's just old Frankie getting under the radar LMAO. Agree with Inglis. If our forwards who we all think have been our weakness when we don't win games step up the way they have, we are a huge chance of winning. The pack has been superb the last month or so.

As I said last night. I can't wait to see what Bellyache and the coaching staff come up with against the Doggies. We picked on Manly through Matai and T. Williams. I expect Craig will watch the first 20 mins of the game last night when Souths actually looked the better of Canterbury by going right up the middle and tiring their slow fat forwards ( I mean that in the nicest way:) ). We will work over them big time up the middle I think. Then spread it out wide to the quick men. Can't wait.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Nothing to worry about.. stamp storms name on the trophy now.. gf pressure.. watch them doggies choke.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He need a shrink, I think. He makes Ray Hadley and Phil Gould like Saints.

Stormland is everywhere that where that dickhead not(which is he brain).

I hope Bellamy uses that As Insprational.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The boys will fly back earlyish Monday morning you'd think. By the time the game is over and they attend the after party on stage it'll be far too late to fly back Sunday night. No idea about what happens when they get home though, don't think they've been announced yet.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Monday at Gosches Paddock..12-2.30 Look on the Storm website for all Info about training and parties
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While it was brilliant we won in 99 to win the comp given it was only our second year. While it was massively satisfying to win in 07 given the debacle of 06, while 09 was every bit as much enjoyable and satisfying and maybe more so given what happened the year before, if we can win this one after all the club has been through since you know what then IMO this will by far be the most satisfying of the lot of them and the biggest feck you that we could send to all the haters up there that just wanted to see us fade away and die.

If we get up it'll absolutely shit them all to tears and they'll hate it and no matter what Bellyache and the boys who got their titles stripped from them, i reckon they'd love nothing more than to shove it right up their arses! If we do it which i have full confidence we can/will, this is the one by far i'll savor the most and will be the sweetest of all.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just seen the news...

Kimmorley says all Sydneysiders will support Canterbury and hope that they win...ahemm....Bullsh*t.

Also...the Canterbury fans were celebrating in the streets like they had just won the GF...

Here's a tip boyz......you might want to keep your powder dry.

Storm will just fly under the radar...soak up the vitriol of the Sydney media and come out next Sunday and the get the job done like the supremely professional unit that they are.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

just been reading that the other code in STORMLAND(afl)have made $50 million from GF ticket sales.Maybe they can teach NRL something about how to organise a major game properly.
(All references to Melbourne will be changed to STORMLAND from now on.)

GO STORM.....
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

simo wrote:Nothing to worry about.. stamp storms name on the trophy now.. gf pressure.. watch them doggies choke.
This will be a tough game.

I reckon it will be a close win to us or an easy win for the Dogs.

Theyre game-plan is a tough match up for us but if we can conrtol the tempo, possession and have a low penalty count we'll win.

Conversley if we allow the Dogs forwards to play there passing game and we dont get up and disrupt there ball movement it could be a long night.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We must come up with a tactic to get them off their game. Much like 2009. Wasn't until the game was pretty much over until Parra decided to wake up. Need to frustrate them. Give them the ball when and where we want. It'll be tough but I think we can do it.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

a stat i pick up while look at the kennel

"13 times this year we have scored enough points within a 20 minute window to win or draw the match (10 wins 3 draws)"

shows the boys have to focus and not go to sleep at all.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If they play like they have the last 2 weeks, which I'm sure they will, they will win rather comfortably so long as they're not reffed out of the contest.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

staticash
Squall
Squall

I must say that was actually a good read. (For once)
S.W.A.S