2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

our record against a hasler coached team isn`t too shabby at all.The way Storm are playing and obliterating teams off the park atm I hold no fear for the GF.
GO STORM...
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

We are going to break our hoodoo in this GF.We won in 99,07,09.....we lost(robbed blind by simplekins)06.lost in 08. In 12 we will win.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 26dn1.html

.....and the dribble begins. Honestly, its bad enough when the media spew their anti-Storm crap and just make up the facts but this idiot is apparently trying to resort to psychology. Maybe I`ll just avoid the NSW based media sites this week as I`m pretty sure we all know which way they will all be leaning.

Anyway, great effort guys to get this far and thoroughly deserved. You`ve done yourselves proud and even though I`m as nervous as hell already I`m looking forward to watching you lift the trophy at the end of next week. Watching the last couple of games has been an absolute joy. Not just to see the focus and precision that you have been playing with but the delight that has been evident on some faces during games has been truly great to watch. After KP`s try against Manly there was a great shot of Noz standing there with a huge grin on his face. He looked like a 5 year old at Christmas. I sort of made me remember, while we want the guys to win next week for so many reasons there are 2 or 3 guys there who`s careers were basically over a couple of years ago ( Noz, J Lowe, Rylesy etc) and now they are looking at playing in the biggest game of the year. Just so proud of all of them. Stay focused and Go Storm!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a pathetic piece of dribble.I think that he liked the sound of "STORMLAND "as he mentioned it in nearly every sentence.All I took from that article is: Storm from Stormland are brilliant and have a good club culture."
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Let em say what they want ,use all the dirty tricks they want ,let the media hype them up as much as they want, there is no doubt that we will be outnumbered massivly by Bulldogs supporters as they have bought up a good percentage of GF tics already!!!! BUT it is what happens on that field next Sunday that matters nothing else, and our boys have more talent,class,and dicipline,and we will beat them , then the party starts in MELBOURNE and the dirty dogs will go home licking their wounds.....BRING IT ON
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I can guess his former employer was looking for a serious,(?) fluff piece to take away from the fact that next Sunday the NRL's biggest muslim RL fan base will be at a place where the radical element that caused the recent riot could have a field day - So let's give Sydneysiders an alternate fantasy enemy.
Nice one Mr Knox :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can you imagine the riot after Storm smash the dogs.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormland.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a pisser!!!!!! Hahahhahahaha
This guy is so bitter and twisted its doing his Lima head in!!! And I love it!!!

I think Michael Knox is David Gallop's pen name, but only in Stormland of course

I especially liked the way he illustrated the Dogs also cheated the cap, but to a much lesser wrath. Oops he forgot that bit
Or how as a side-note to all his Lance Armstrong rantings he mentions Andrew Johns, a self confessed drug cheat, still being made an immortal of the game. Oops, he forgot that bit too

Knoxy, I hope you suffocate yourself in your soiled Parramatta pyjamas, you muppet!!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I like 'Stormland'...he doesn't know it but he might have just penned a terrific moniker for Melbourne & Victorian rugby league...turn it against him, the paranoid pulitzer wannabe
For a 'marketing exercise' Storm sure do play like the real deal, lol
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Here is what I hope the most likely line-up is:

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa/Mahe Fonua/Anthony Quinn (if Waqa is not fit for GF, Mahe Fonua or at a last resort Anthony Quinn should come in)
3. Dane Nielsen (after getting dropped for some poor games during the slump, he has lifted his game)
4. Will Chambers
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cam Smith (C)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13/14. Todd Lowrie/Ryan Hinchcliffe (lock or #14 spot could go either way for these two)
15. Richie Fa'aoso/Jason Ryles (I really hope Ryles recovers, but no one will really know until game day)
16. Jaiman Lowe (after being left out of favour at the start of the year, he has cemented his spot on the bench)
17. Kevin Proctor
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Just read in a Bulldogs forum that "80% of the crowd will be Bulldogs fans". Don't think they're away of the Purple Army coming up from down south ;D
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It won't be 80% at all the deluded fools. Unlike last nights game where the crowd was split between the 2 sides members/fans and you'd think not a huge amount of neutrals, the GF tickets went on sale in August for everyone from any club to purchase. Unless the vast majority of those who pre bought tickets were Dogs fans there's no way they'll have 80%.

They'll no doubt have more numbers than us, but there'll be a heap more neutrals there next week and while i doubt many will be supporting us, i don't think there'll be many cheering for the Dogs either. I know if i go to a game not involving my team i sure as shit dont cheer for an opposition team.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No surprises but Siks has been cleared of his "grapple tackle" as the DT termed it. There was absolutely nothing to clear him from in the first place. Had his arm around the players neck sure, but didn't choke him, didn't make any untoward twisting moves etc and penalty more than sufficient. If that.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormland. We are on. :D