2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After reading through some of what they think the game plan should be. Some of them don't agree. One post says other than Slater the backs aren't good. Then another says our centres are good :S.

I really wish at this time of the year fans would just respect one another. Its not like they're a **** team. Its not like we're a **** team. Be confident but what's the point of bagging eachother ?

I think we dictate on what game is played and the end result. We will win it or lose it. I'm worried about if our forwards can get on top of the opposition again for the 3rd game in a row. If they do then I'm extremely confident in winning.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think our forwards can/will blazza. Even if not get on top of them as such, i still think we'll at least match it with them and not get dominated like some seem to think they will. We were sposed to be dominated by Souths and Manly forwards if i'm not mistaken as well.....

We know we're not the biggest, fanciest or star studded pack but geez they bust a gut and never take a backward step. Given it's the GF i've no doubt at all they'll be right up for it and they won't leave a thing in the shed.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You Forgot Sika Manu Buzz who played in a losing gf in '08 and if you go to the extended squad there's Quinny as well
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And let's not forget the overwhelming Grand Final 'experience' the Dogs get from their SL import
James Graham,(formerly known as 'The Vaseline Kid),who has been in 6 Super League Grand Finals.
The Bulldogs' English forward still hurts when describing his five successive losses in Super League grand finals.

Graham won the 2006 grand final with St Helens before losing deciders in 2007 (v Leeds), 2008 (v Leeds), 2009 (v Leeds), 2010 (v Wigan) and 2011 (v Leeds).
We'll do our best not to spoil his consistency :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bourbon Rat wrote:And let's not forget the overwhelming Grand Final 'experience' the Dogs get from their SL import
James Graham,(formerly known as 'The Vaseline Kid),who has been in 6 Super League Grand Finals.
The Bulldogs' English forward still hurts when describing his five successive losses in Super League grand finals.

Graham won the 2006 grand final with St Helens before losing deciders in 2007 (v Leeds), 2008 (v Leeds), 2009 (v Leeds), 2010 (v Wigan) and 2011 (v Leeds).
We'll do our best not to spoil his consistency :twisted:
Disappointing he's only lost to Wigan the one time Bourbs.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought this was a good (fair) preview of the game from Jason Taylor looking at both sides strengths and where it can be won/lost.

http://media.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-lea ... 66551.html
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whiddop did not travel up to sydney with the team.

... But its only because hes expecting his 2nd child in the next 24 hours
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:I thought this was a good (fair) preview of the game from Jason Taylor looking at both sides strengths and where it can be won/lost.
I thought it was a great preview from Jason Taylor as well, he's obviously not one of the biased analysts against the Storm. I reckon his prediction of the Storm winning by 1 or 2 points in extra time is a pretty good one.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Last week I tipped a close game with us leading by 6 at half time. By the 60th we extend that margin via a Cronk field goal. A try apiece in the final 20 sees us win by 7.
I was even happier with the true result

I'm gunna tip the same 7pt game on Sunday arvo
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

NRL on Fox have said that Storm have had an easy run in the finals so don`t know how that will affect them unlike the dogs who have had some tough matches so they will be more match fit.. Hey didn`t we both play the same teams???
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:Whiddop did not travel up to sydney with the team.

Where did you hear this ? LOL I saw him at the breakfast.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:NRL on Fox have said that Storm have had an easy run in the finals so don`t know how that will affect them unlike the dogs who have had some tough matches so they will be more match fit.. Hey didn`t we both play the same teams???
The difference is that we smashed both of these sides and made them look amateurish (didn't take much with Manly) whereas the Dogs had to battle to win (except when souths lost their halfback).

I love it how they're underestimating us. I hope the Bulldogs players do too.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:NRL on Fox have said that Storm have had an easy run in the finals so don`t know how that will affect them unlike the dogs who have had some tough matches so they will be more match fit.. Hey didn`t we both play the same teams???

and lets not forget we only won by such big margins because the opposition were so bad, of course that had nothing to do with us or hell well we played..... Anyway im not sure the boys will me taking too much notice of it, i recall reading there were a few sore battered and bruised players after the Rabbits game so i don't think they agree it was a soft match.

Also like how they conveniently gloss over the fact that the Rabbits lost Reynolds for the majority of the game which is the sole reason why the Dogs won so easily in the end. It was anyone's game up to that point and would've been a hell of a lot closer had he not gone down.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:

i posted this before i checked my twitter. not sure who does the reporting on the radio but they are shit! haha
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

i posted this before i checked my twitter. not sure who does the reporting on the radio but they are shit! haha
Damn those insiders :P all good champ. I was like wtf when I saw him.