2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

James has been given 12 weeks/games and can use trials and internationals as games so will be back playing in rd 9 let's hope we play the doggies at home in his first week back cause that will be one greattttttt game
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry didn't see ur posts
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What annoys me the most is the fact that plenty of fans are carrying on about how they now wish billy intentionally gets injured, it's sickening that someone would wish pain on another person.

Then you have the loonies carrying on about Billy leading with his knees in his attempted tackle on Perrett. LOL

it's fair to say that Bulldogs fans are the sorest losers!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

One moron on the kennel even hopes that when next time they play us someone puts Billy in a body bag or snaps his leg bad enough that it will put Billy out for the year.this is really shocking to me.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:One moron on the kennel even hopes that when next time they play us someone puts Billy in a body bag or snaps his leg bad enough that it will put Billy out for the year.this is really shocking to me.
Yeah I saw that. If you want some vintage stuff, go on the Doggies Facebook and read all the comments.

Some fans hope Billy breaks a leg, others wish for Graham to have taken off his entire ear. It's shocking.

It's a disgrace and simply vile.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:Woohoo nibbler gets 12.At least the jokediciary grew some and took into account trials and rep games.
Piss weak result IMO...

He would have got 9 weeks if he had plead guilty (for the life of me I have no idea why he wouldn't man up to it). Tell me how in the hell this incident is only 1 week worse than Morrin's bite!??!

Morrin bit a player on the arm, during a tackle. He then plead guilty and apologized.

Graham came looking for Slater during a heated push and shove, then bit his EAR! Then denied that he did anything wrong (despite overwhelming evidence) and showed no remorse or offered any apology.

But that's worth only one more week... ::)

The judiciary pussied out. This should have sent a message that this filth, these cat acts, are not tolerated. The punishment does not reflect that. Very, very weak sentence.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No doubt whilst Giddyup considers Storm fans to be terrorists, he would consider these types of inflammatory comments from Bulldog fans to be "good natured banter". Typical seige mentality from rugby league heartland.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Should've gotten a medal Slater has had that coming like forever

Seriously though, why does his international matches count? Matai was a first picked test player a few years ago and was selected by the kiwis after being suspended five matches or so but he got told tests don't count, why do they count for Graham?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Internationals should not count, but, he should not be allowed to captain his country either.

Did anybody else laugh hysterically at his defence? He apparently likes to pull guys close in fights and say 'not nice things to them.' The most moronic defence since Hanse Cronje's 'the devil made me do it.' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope he gets stripped of the English captaincy now, dirty grub!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I've been holding my tongue since Sunday.

But after the burning of the Storm jersey, Graham's biting antics and now Billy copping vile abuse, I've had enough.

I popped into the Bulldogs Facebook to let some of their disgraceful fans know that their comments are crap.

I used to have a soft spot for the Dogs since I followed them before Storm was established, but now the actions of some of their supporters and players just make me hate the club.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

My wife is/was a bulldogs supporter. Since Sunday she's been distancing herself from the club. She firmly believed Grahem should've been de-registered from the NRL.
Following the recent poor behavior from this team, this club, and its supporters, as well as a sordid past, she now proclaims herself to be a Storm supporter.
I'll be getting her a membership before she changes her mind.
I wonder how many more will abandon this filth?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After reading the DT this morning. I can't believe Graham told Des and Greenberg he didn't bite him. And then something about a dentist was saying his teeth aren't perfect :S. He got himself into that situation. No matter how good/clean his record was. The footage shows him munching down on Bills ear.

What is interesting now is. There are photos going around the web that kinda hint at Perrett kicking Slater after he scored.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Should've gotten a medal Slater has had that coming like forever
Pull your head in Cherry and play nicely.

Remember you are a visitor.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:After reading the DT this morning. I can't believe Graham told Des and Greenberg he didn't bite him. And then something about a dentist was saying his teeth aren't perfect :S. He got himself into that situation. No matter how good/clean his record was. The footage shows him munching down on Bills ear.

What is interesting now is. There are photos going around the web that kinda hint at Perrett kicking Slater after he scored.

he didn't come close to making contact, he didn't even attempt it! there was nothing in the whole situation, just 2 guys desperate for the ball and perrett won and scored. then inu was trying to be a hero and it all went from there, but that's what happens in GFs and it was sorted out brilliantly by the refs.

Graham thought he was not guilty :lol: :lol: :lol: PLEASE.

i dont agree with reynolds, lowrie or waqa getting any punishment for the fight, if anything it is good for the game in a way. everyone loves a little fight on the field in big games, not the biting but
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Should've gotten a medal Slater has had that coming like forever
Pull your head in Cherry and play nicely.

Remember you are a visitor.
I suggest you read this,when something is said like that followed by "but seriously" its usually one of these
but i guess im not sure if you mexicans have humour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke