2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm sitting here, half cut and almost in tears. So proud of the guys. God I love being a fan of this team. Go Storm!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Woo farking Hoo!! So proud of such a great defensive effort. Try and take this one off us!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Great performance boys. Absolutely brilliant. Welcome to the machine!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations to Craig and all the boys. There were a lot of critics in 2010 of Craig north of the Murray (and mostly south of the Tweed) to say he couldn't coach because we were cheats and NSW couldn't win. They forgot about the fact that guys like White, J. Smith and Lima etc couldn't get a game with other clubs and he turned them into Test and / or Origin players. Well now Craig is a premiership coach.

A great effort from the boys to keep the star studded attack of the Bulldogs to just 4 points absolutely sensational. Every player (including the "unheralded 14") just kept doing their job. Congratulations to Jaiman Lowe to finish his first grade career on such a high, he was a huge contributor to our side this year. Also thank you for your efforts and congratulations to the other departing premiership players in Danger, Sika, Todd and Richie (Wayne Bennett do you remember him?).

Great efforts in defence on the edge of the field by Will, Danger, Sisa and Justin where they weren't wrapping players up they were knocking passes down. Magnificent.

I got so excited when I thought Noz had wrapped it up with a try only to find he was offside but he and Hinchy closed down one of their breaks at a very important stage in the second half.

Congratulations and thank you to all the other players who I have not named above. Sorry but as a card carrying member of the SWAS I have to mention Sisa Waqa NRL premiership for a second time.

Also my thoughts go out to guys like Jason Ryles, Mahe Fonua, Matt Duffie, Siosaia Vave and Rory Kostjasyn (good luck at Cowboys) who played a big part in getting us where we are.

Kudos to Craig Bellamy who was the rock this club was rebuilt on after that April day in 2010.

To my fellow Storm members and supporters this is your just desserts for the wonderful passion and loyalty you have shown to the club we all love. I don't think too many other teams would have continued to have the crowd numbers we did in 2010 if they were playing for no points. Go the Storm 2012 premiers.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am really glad that my CHAMPION TEAM did it for CRAIG.WE LOVE YOU CRAIG BELLAMY...The defensive effort tonight was a class above anyone else this finals.

PREMIERS 2012.SOUNDS GREAT...PREMIERS 2012.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

That was awesome!

Would you believe I was confident all week and only got nervous in the last 10 minutes!

Go Storm.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Amazing.

2012 PREMIERS - It doesn't get much better than that.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:That was awesome!

Would you believe I was confident all week and only got nervous in the last 10 minutes!

Go Storm.
My sentiments exactly
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was confident all year that this was going to be our year.During the finals my CHAMPION TEAM were SO FOCUSED.No one was going to beat us today. My 2012 PREMIERS defence was awesome.
Thanks CRAIG BELLAMY for sticking with our great club. :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2012 NRL PREMIERS - MELBOURNE STORM

What a game. What a performance. So proud of the boys. In tears as usual. This is for all the haters. Woooooohooooooooo
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thankfully the refs didn't factor in this result and Channel Nine stayed right up to the player photo so we didn't have to find out the winner of the Clive Churchill medal via internet or sms.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Great performance boys. Absolutely brilliant. Welcome to the machine!
This.

+1

Well said.

So proud of my team and Club.

Premiers 2012
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The only BITE that counts is the one at the end of the 80 minutes - 4 - 14 Chomp - Chomp Mr Graham :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

that bite is going to cost him and the club big time!! not a very smart man
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well said Scooter!

Soooo overwhelmed tonight. That Premiership is THE most meaningful one our great club might ever see.

Well done to all the boys, coaches and support staff. It doesn't get much better than this! :)