2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well they had to raise the Sika tackle even tho Sterlo said there was nothing in it. I reckon we will win aswel I have full confidence in the boys. I am one very proud member and the crowds chants last night gave me goosebumps. GO STORM
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon every story I have read/heard about Storm today, has a least one sentence about salary cap. I bet the Bulldogs will not be called cheats at all. Also, how can the media "understand the Sika tackle is being looked out". The review does not happed until Monday. It is either the media starting the story or the NRL leaking things about Melbourne Storm again.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sorry Ice didn't see your comment about Sika before I posted
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just don't let them break the line and we've got it. Yeah, easier said than done - but I'm confident we can do it.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can't wait. I'm already nervous and the match is still over a week away, although in saying that I'm still confident the boys can do the job. We've got the experience and we've certainly got more classy players in the key positions which is where Grand Finals are typically won. Bring on next Sunday!
Gezz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

lima lima lima duck bring it on.

Can't wait. To all making the trip, see you there. We're going to smash them.
roberttuz

We can't beat them. Have a look at the highlights of when they thrashed us recently.

I think we need to pin our hopes on next year.

http://www.nrl.com/rd16-bulldogs-v-stor ... fault.aspx
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just like we couldn't beat Manly right ?
roberttuz

I was going to head up to the final, but now that the Bulldogs are in it I'm staying home. Won't even watch it on TV probably. I just can't see how we can beat them
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

rob I was giving you B.O.D that you didn`t just come on here to stir crap but I have to agree with the other BAI STANDERS who think you are a tosser.You NEVER say anything POSITIVE about my CHAMPION TEAM even when we wiped the Xmas Elves and moanly off the park you flap your trap and spew out crap.Tell us who you really support.
roberttuz

stormy wrote:rob I was giving you B.O.D that you didn`t just come on here to stir crap but I have to agree with the other BAI STANDERS who think you are a tosser.You NEVER say anything POSITIVE about my CHAMPION TEAM even when we wiped the Xmas Elves and moanly off the park you flap your trap and spew out crap.Tell us who you really support.
I am a paid up Storm member, but I am being realistic.

Last time a Hasler team played us in a Grand Final they put 40 on us.

Just don't know how we can possibly beat the Dogs
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why does everyone keep biting? Just enjoy the week and the build up to th big game and ignore the bullshit from both the Sydney media and this tool.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

roberttuz wrote:
stormy wrote:rob I was giving you B.O.D that you didn`t just come on here to stir crap but I have to agree with the other BAI STANDERS who think you are a tosser.You NEVER say anything POSITIVE about my CHAMPION TEAM even when we wiped the Xmas Elves and moanly off the park you flap your trap and spew out crap.Tell us who you really support.

Although not a GF, you conveniently forget the 40 we put on a Hasler coached side in 2009 final series. Any Storm member worth his salt would remember that.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Turtle188 wrote:
roberttuz wrote:

Although not a GF, you conveniently forget the 40 we put on a Hasler coached side in 2009 final series. Any Storm member worth his salt would remember that.
Ice wrote:
Why does everyone keep biting? Just enjoy the week and the build up to th big game and ignore the bullshit from both the Sydney media and this tool.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote:Bourbon every story I have read/heard about Storm today, has a least one sentence about salary cap. I bet the Bulldogs will not be called cheats at all. Also, how can the media "understand the Sika tackle is being looked out". The review does not happed until Monday. It is either the media starting the story or the NRL leaking things about Melbourne Storm again.
It is actually standard procedure by the MRC. Every penalty is scrutinized.

I didn't hear his post match comments but according to Tigger, Gus Gould claimed that the Dogs have more finals experience than Melbourne and are therefore favorites.

He should really check his facts before shooting his mouth off.

This is the Dogs first GF since 2004, their 3rd in the last 10 seasons and our 5th. In the last 10 seasons Storm have missed the finals once (nuff said on that) whilst the Bulldogs have played in 6 finals series with 8 wins and 7 losses compared to Storms 16 wins and 7 losses. In the last 5 seasons this is only the 2nd time the Dogs have made the finals. Admittedly the two times we have met the Dogs in the finals we lost both times however that was in 2003 & 2004, when they mostly had their illegal team still intact but with paycuts and we had a dwarf as halfback and a heap of inexperienced finals players.

So who has the most experience?