The Mysterious Mr Cronk (RLW story)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can't believe these "journo's" get paid to write this tripe.

Lost me in the 3rd paragraph where 8077 Facebook likes was compared to a crowd at AAMI Park. I think he's getting confused with Sydney crowd figures.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I actually thought it was a fairly enjoyable article. Not an overly serious piece, but entertaining and showed a little about one of the more private Storm stars
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Take away the above-mentioned snipe at us, and the two seperate occasions where he suggests Cronk was upset about "missing out on salary cap rorts" afforded to other players, and I suppose it's an ok article about nothing we didn't already know
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:I can't believe these "journo's" get paid to write this tripe.

Lost me in the 3rd paragraph where 8077 Facebook likes was compared to a crowd at AAMI Park. I think he's getting confused with Sydney crowd figures.
You know the guy who posted the link is the guy who wrote the article, right? At least, I'm 99% sure of it.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

There's nothing more frustrating than seeing someone who writes for a living fail to proofread their own work. Just smacks of sloppy journalism.

Apart from that, these two quotes had me giggling:
If Cooper’s reading this, he might think I’ve taken some of his comments out of context. The first thing I would say in response to that is sorry, it wasn’t my intention. The second thing I’d say is that refusing interviews doesn’t save you from being taken out of context.
"Honestly - it wasn't my intention to take you out of context - but if you refuse to give interviews, why shouldn't I?"
Or have I taken you out of context Steve? ;)
Now, there are some questions I would ask one-on-one that I refrained from: like “what are you trying to achieve from your website?” and “were you really upset at missing out on the salary cap rorts?” and “why don’t you do many interviews?”
C'mon now- you answered your last question with your second question. Why doesn't he do many interviews? Cause pathetic reporters want to ask if he was upset at not rorting the cap!

I know facts aren't the mainstream concern of journalists these days, but surely comparing Cooper's Facebook likes with the crowd figures at AAMI is poor. A little research on the MANY stats websites would show Sydney crowd figures regularly lower than Cooper's likes - even with two Sydney sides playing. :)

Nothing better than seeing a journalist fall under the spell of a person like Cooper, and get them to perpetuate the mystery that is the Cronk.