John Ribot

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Maybe if he'd done the right thing in 2004 and reported a little misdemeanor he'd have stayed CEO and we could have never had Brian Waldron in rugby league.
What misdemeanor are you talking about, I can't remember anything that happened back in 2004 that made Ribot leave the club.
Around the time of the Canterbury sexual assault allegation in Coffs Harbour, there was also a complaint of a similar nature made against 2 Storm players. Victoria Police raised it with the club but Ribot didn't report it to the NRL. When the details were made public and it filtered it's way up to Giddyup, he was not impressed by the fact he was not informed. Given the climate at the time, Reebs copped a lot of backlash and ended up falling on his sword.

Frank stanton was made interim CEO until Waldron came on board.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:
mattstormy wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Maybe if he'd done the right thing in 2004 and reported a little misdemeanor he'd have stayed CEO and we could have never had Brian Waldron in rugby league.
What misdemeanor are you talking about, I can't remember anything that happened back in 2004 that made Ribot leave the club.
Around the time of the Canterbury sexual assault allegation in Coffs Harbour, there was also a complaint of a similar nature made against 2 Storm players. Victoria Police raised it with the club but Ribot didn't report it to the NRL. When the details were made public and it filtered it's way up to Giddyup, he was not impressed by the fact he was not informed. Given the climate at the time, Reebs copped a lot of backlash and ended up falling on his sword.

How is that a small misdemeanor?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't you understand sarcasm without the use of emoticons, Chez?
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:
mattstormy wrote:

This is not an attack on you Les

But that is not the case at all. There was a lot of speculation that this was the case at the time however Ribot's decision to part ways with the club had nothing to do with the allegations and Gallop.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know it wasn't an attack on me and even if it was....its the internet. Not to be taken seriously.

I suppose you know why he left? I always thought it was because of the way he handled the sexual assault allegations.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:I know it wasn't an attack on me and even if it was....its the internet. Not to be taken seriously.

I suppose you know why he left? I always thought it was because of the way he handled the sexual assault allegations.
Yeah it seems to be the common understanding. But yeah he left because of other issues within the club hierarchy at the time. The allegations amounted to nothing in the end anyhow, the charges were dropped so I believe.

After the salary cap scandal broke Ribot was prevalent around the club and helping sort the mess out.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He still has purple running through his viens. He often comes to games. He was at the old boys game and at the after party. He and Chirs Johns were sitting in the corner having a drink, watching and talking. He was also at the family day at Gosh's paddock at the start of the year. He was talking to fans and players.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was gonna say if the sexual assault allegations were serious enough for Ribot to part ways with the company then why weren't the lads charged? Just seems like drastic action to take if that's why he left IMO, especially if nothing came of the allegations.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:
mattstormy wrote:aybe if he'd done the right thing in 2004 and reported a little misdemeanor he'd have stayed CEO and we could have never had Brian Waldron in rugby league.

How is that a small misdemeanor?[/quote]

You don't understand, You have Peter Peters lima lima lima duck things up all the time
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Are you a good sort AAS?

Peters isn't liked by Manly fans as much as
Brian Waldron is for Storm fans,both lima lima lima duck
and disliked
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didn't Zorba get the arse from manly last year...?
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lesstar unfortunately mate he was given a job on the board...he continues to be the remnant of cancer in my club from its Des-ectomy