Prelim Final Friday Sep 21: Melbourne v Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A great night at the game, the whole crowd completely outnumbered Manly tonight (compared to last year against the Warriors). Everyone in the team played to almost perfection (apart from Cam's goal kicking, which he will have to work on next week without a doubt). I really hope Ryles makes a remarkable recovery next week for the big one.

Here is my GF team next week:

1. Slater
2. Waqa/Fonua (whatever Bellyache wants)
3. Nielsen
4. Chambers
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith (C)
10. Ryles
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Lowrie
15. Norrie
16. Lowe
17. Proctor
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just got home from Aami Park .
Cherry Poppin - You've been a great poster here & I know you are a great Manly fan but tonight
Your team displayed a perfect example of self destruction
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How good did Tafua go tonight? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What a perfect way to finish a 2 hour drive home. Arrive just in time to see the Nein eggspurts virtually tip Manly in a close one. HAH!!!
roberttuz

mattstormy wrote:A great night at the game, the whole crowd completely outnumbered Manly tonight (compared to last year against the Warriors). Everyone in the team played to almost perfection (apart from Cam's goal kicking, which he will have to work on next week without a doubt). I really hope Ryles makes a remarkable recovery next week for the big one.

1. Slater
3. Nielsen
4. Chambers
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith (C)
10. Ryles
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Lowrie
15. Norrie
16. Lowe
17. Proctor
Why would you put Ryles in the team?
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

roberttuz wrote:
mattstormy wrote:A great night at the game, the whole crowd completely outnumbered Manly tonight (compared to last year against the Warriors). Everyone in the team played to almost perfection (apart from Cam's goal kicking, which he will have to work on next week without a doubt). I really hope Ryles makes a remarkable recovery next week for the big one.

1. Slater
3. Nielsen
4. Chambers
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith (C)
10. Ryles
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Lowrie
15. Norrie
16. Lowe
17. Proctor
Why would you put Ryles in the team?
'Cos he's a gun you tool!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just saw Taufua ground the ball just short of the try line again on the replay....about 15 metres short. HAH!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A lot of creeps talking shit i see,i am not surprised as we Manly fans generally call you the
scum,its more the few making the rest look like a pack of scum

Either way good luck next week,if its the dogs i hope you pump the shit out of them

And yes,Taufua had his worst game ever tonight,but T-Bag was much much worse,i forgive
the young bloke because he wouldn't have been used to that hostile an environment but
our $600k dog was an absolute dog,he should pull the blue and white on tomorrow because
that scumbag played for them all night

And those refs,lima lima lima duck me if that wasn't a stitch up i don't know what the lima lima lima duck anything looks like
because while we were shit,the officials didn't give us a whisker of hope,especially with that
bullshit try call

Well we got one against the cows,perhaps the curse of the bullshit try will spill over next week
and have a total clanger decide the entire season
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is better than Christmas, Melbourne are through to the Grand Final and Manly are spanked by the Storm to end their season. Wonderful night.

Chambers embarrassing Matai and Slater using Brett Stewart as a turnstile were my highlights.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cherry_Poppins wrote:A lot of creeps talking shit i see,i am not surprised as we Manly fans generally call you the
scum,its more the few making the rest look like a pack of scum

Either way good luck next week,if its the dogs i hope you pump the shit out of them

And yes,Taufua had his worst game ever tonight,but T-Bag was much much worse,i forgive
the young bloke because he wouldn't have been used to that hostile an environment but
our $600k dog was an absolute dog,he should pull the blue and white on tomorrow because
that scumbag played for them all night

And those refs,*lima lima lima duck* me if that wasn't a stitch up i don't know what the *lima lima lima duck* anything looks like
because while we were shit,the officials didn't give us a whisker of hope,especially with that
bullshit try call

Well we got one against the cows,perhaps the curse of the bullshit try will spill over next week
and have a total clanger decide the entire season
Are you for real Cherry Tollins? So you can trash talk all week but as soon you're team lose you can't handle copping some flak?

And as for the refs. Seriously??? We we watching the same game? They tried to hand the game to Manly on a plate, except you guys kept blowing opportunity's.
Did you forget your first try was off the back of a bullshit penalty? At a stage where the penalty count would've been about 4-1 in your favour.

And Billy's first try was a 50/50 I agree. But there was no conclusive evidence of separation, which is what the rules stipulate, so the video ref had no option but to award BOTD. Just as he did last week, and rightly so then too.

So if you don't like copping a bit of stick Cherry Trollens then my suggestion is to take the hint that many have been giving you and go back to your own team's forum.
Or if not, cop your knocks like a man, lick your wounds and join us as we ride our wave of success to the premiership
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

give cherry a day or 2 to get over the loss! he will be on our side again after tonights games, no way manly will go for dogs this year.

the season has been set up for a refs call to decide the GF, lets just hope it goes our way if it does.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

THAT try didn`t define the game.STORM were never going to lose tonight and I am sure that Chez agrees with that.
I enjoyed every minute of the game and I have even watched it three times already.(I even have laryngitus hahah).We win win next week.
How are you feeling Sallymay?It was obvious from the getgo that we were too classy for moanly so you wouldn`t have had any nerves through the game(not even when they scored that try before half time).Enjoy this week Baistanders.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will Chambers.

Easy win over an average side

Will Chambers.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great win by the boys, I love Grand Final week the build up is almost as good as the game! I'm a little worried about who were are gonna go with for the big game, with my main concern being the wing spot, Fonua was solid enough last night and Waqa was in good form pre injury, it will be interesting to see who Bellamy goes with, also i think Fa'aoso has earnt his spot next week, has been great in his 2 finals appearances and I would rather him fit and firing than an injury ravaged Ryles, even if he proves his fitness 2 hamstring tears in afew weeks, odds on he could last 5 minutes and go down again, not a risk i'd be willing to take, here's my team anyway:

1. Billy SLATER
2. Sisa WAQA
3. Dane NEILSEN
4. Will CHAMBERS
5. Justin O'NEILL
6. Gareth WIDDOP
7. Cooper CRONK
8. Jesse BROMWICH
9. Cameron SMITH (c)
10. Bryan NORRIE
11. Kevin PROCTOR
12. Ryan HOFFMAN