Prelim Final Friday Sep 21: Melbourne v Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well the Manly scum got the game given to them on a platter with two of the worst calls I've ever seen. Will be a hard fought game as usual but they didn't show me anything tonight that strikes any fear into me for next week. Their best players were the fools in pink and the other two clowns in the video refs box.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope that we don`t suffer the same fate as the cowboys and get reffed out of the game like the cowboys..I`m talking about the blatent cheating by the refs.
It was everyone`s fear that the refs would cost a team a win and it has.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would be ropable if I was a Cowboys supporter. JT was right in going off at those clowns.
Bring on the filth. We will smash them to kingdom come. Pretenders.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Doesn't faze me who we play. What I'm peeved about is the Toyota Cup being moved to Sydney on Saturday. So we'll pay to see one game and Sydney crowd will get three games. Anyone reckon our ticket prices will drop? (asks the question knowing the bleeding obvious answer!)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Check my recent post in "Finals Seating" thread :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bring next week on. After watching tonight's bs game I can't flapping wait to stick it to manly and the nrl. Let's all get behind our boys this week and stick it up those Manly seagulls. We are the Storm. So pumped.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we get that same set of referees, we're boned. I feel bad for the Cowboys.

Anyway - I guess the Melbourne/Manly battle rages on. Looking forward to it.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Quietly confident but have to agree reffing will have to pick up or the NRL will look like bigger idiots. Seeing how much Moanly fans like to travel wonder how many will turn up. I felt sorry for JT tonight and their fans hard enough losing without the help of bad calls
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree over the refs. No doubt the nrl will want dogs/manly final.

JT was all class tonight. Feel sorry for him though. Will never get over that hump.

Bring on manly.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am worried now that the refs already know who they want in the GF and they will do whatever they have to do to get moanly through.
GO STORM... please keep the refs out of the equation but we all know our tries always gets referred to video clowns.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

tonights reffing reminded me of 2006 GF and paul simplekins was involved in both games.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't like our chances if tonight is anything to go by. Can't get the calls right with 2 central refs and two video refs. Disgraceful. Something has to be done about the standard of refereeing.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I feel sorry the Cowboys got done but woeful ref decisions.

I feel happy abou the chance to end Manlys season again...just like we did in 2009.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Nothing Manly produced tonight worried me excessively. They were fairly predictable for the majority of the match and plenty of gaps started appearing in their middle defense as the game ensued which is certainly something Smith will take advantage of on Friday night. Provided the referees don't have huge influence on the match like they did tonight then I believe we can advance to the Grand Final with a fairly comfortable win over the Eagles.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As much as the video refs were abysmal in awarding the second Michael Oldfield try, the Cowboys lost the game themselves. I lost count at the amount of nothing kicks from JT, Hail Mary plays that went absolutely nowhere and Brent Tate's selfishness to not give the ball to an unmarked Ashley Graham who would have scored in the corner to get the Cowboys back in the game was the difference in the end.

I just hope that the Storm does not fall into the same game style the Cowboys were playing against the Sea Eagles.